Friday, April 9, 2021

Perfectly Pantone

Apparently the colors gray and yellow are perfectly pantone for this year. I think that indicates that these are the "in" colors for this season. At least that was what was said on the Mod Squad Challenge blog. So for the Mod Squad Challenge we are to use gray and yellow. I just had to join in on the fun!



The stamps used on this card are from the Rubbernecker set called Summer Blooms. It is a several steps stamp and I found it easy to use. The scalloped decorative edge is one of the edgers in the same set I have been using lately from Crafter's Companion. I thought the floral type eyelet design  would look okay on this card. I had no gray paper to match except for some metallic dream silver card stock which I felt was close enough to gray. And luckily from using inks from three different companies I found my shades of gray too. After all was assembled the last thing I added was some rhinestones.

Well, happy Friday to all of you. The time has gone so fast again! But I guess when one is busy that often happens. I might slow down a bit today though but I do have all those dies and stamp sets from that Turner Syndrome Crafter's Companion prize calling my name so maybe I will succumb and do some more another day this weekend. So until next time, take care.

God bless, Verna

18 comments:

laurie said...

Beautiful bloom! I DO like gray and yellow together, I will have to try that combo!

Patti J said...

Oh, Verna! I love your card from the color combination to the detailed border, to the image and sentiment! You hit one out of the park today!!! Beautifully done!

Rosy Newlun said...

This sure is elegant, Verna! You nailed the Pantone colors for this year. I have a hard time lining up some of the multiple layer stamp sets but this looks flawless. Continue playing and enjoying your new products 🤩

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW!!! What a stunning card Verna - love it!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Carol L said...

Those colors really do go well together and this is such a pretty card! Stay well!

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous colour combination and a marvellous card Verna x. Enjoy using all those crafty goodies x.

Shona Erlenborn said...

It's a gorgeous creation. Love the yellows and grays together! The decorative edge is lovely too!

Lisa Babitz said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!!

Bonnie said...

Simply yummy. The incorporation of several shaded of each color creates harmony.

Inkyfingers said...

Gray and yellow are a lovely combination, Verna and your gorgeous card shows them off beautifully. Your layered stamping is beautiful and I love the pretty die-cut edge. Enjoy your new goodies!
Hope you are well.
Hugs
Carol x

Dawn S. said...

This is so pretty! I think the decorative edge is perfect!

Brenda in IN said...

I love these colors together and this card is great. The edge is so pretty and I like how you combined the stamps. What a fun card.

Ina G said...

Love it Verna. Gorgeous stamp and love the border.

Diane said...

Beautifully created! These are the colors of my bedroom and I love it lol!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, yes, these are my bedroom colors. They're beautiful on your card with the RN flower!

Bunny said...

Beautiful card. I love that eyelet type die. I would love one of those. [Bunny]

Karen Dunbrook said...

so beautiful....great way to feature those colours.
xx Karen

TK said...

Verna, this is gorgeous! Love the beautiful colors and the pretty border is just perfect!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...