Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Summer Flowers

I recently acquired some wonderful floral stamps from Rubbernecker Stamps and I was itching to try out the stamps as well as some of the new inks I got also from Rubbernecker Stamps. And, this card was made with these items along with a few other tools to create the card.



A few weeks ago I won a large amount of dies, stamps and other items from the Turner Syndrome hop and I used some of those items on this card. The prize had at least 23 die sets in it plus some stamps and the glitter glue. I used one of the edger dies from a set from Crafter's Companion and also the Rose Gold glitter glue from Crafter's Companion Signature Collection for the center of the flowers. 

The pattern paper on both sides of the card was made using an Artplorations stencil called Confetti Circles. I used inks from the Color Fuse line from Rubbernecker to stamp the flowers and also for the stenciling.

The flowers are from the Rubbernecker Summer Meadow stamp set and the sentiment is from the Rubbernecker Summer Bloom stamp set. 

I am entering this in the Jan's Digitals April Challenge-Anything Goes.

I really love this card and it looks so much better in person. I know I will be using this watercolor stamp set of flowers a lot. Thanks for visiting and I guess making cards is a good thing to do on rainy days. I am enjoying it too. I finally felt strong enough to lift my big die cutting machine out so that I could die cut larger ones. Before I was just using the cutter to do my panels and fussy cutting a lot. This is much easier now.

Take care and God bless, Verna

17 comments:

Patti J said...

Glad to hear you’re gaining strength. Verna, your prize sounds amazing! What a fun box that must have been to open! Your card is beautiful. I love this image...might ‘need’ to go check it out! Hugs and blessings!

Rosy Newlun said...

This is so pretty, Verna! I love the colors offset from the stamped flower outlines. And the colors are cheerful! Way to go on winning such a big prize -- you totally worked hard to win it and I know all the pieces will bring you much fun in using them!

kiwimeskreations said...

Wow what a great prize Verna- congratulations. Your card is a delight - love it, and great news to hear you are feeling stronger - keep up the good healing
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Mac Mable said...

The flower stamping look fabulous and love how they are offset Verna x. Congratulations with the prize win and I am so glad you are up to more crafting x.

Sandra H said...

Wonderful card love the flowers nice to see you are up and about more especially getting back into crafting x

Barbara said...

This is so artistic Verna and cute. I am glad to hear that you are gaining some strength and using the big die cutter.

Shona Erlenborn said...

Glad to hear your strength is returning! You've made a winner here with all your winnings! Love the colors and the stenciled background.

Lisa Babitz said...

Love this! Your handmade patterned paper came out great, and I love your artsy flowers. Congrats on your win, and glad to hear you are getting your strength back.

Diane said...


Beautiful floral card and design! Congrats on the win, it sounds amazing! Glad you are feeling better too!

Cindy C. said...

Very pretty flowers in warm happy colors! Yay for your win!!

Judy Woodland said...

I love the watercolor-y look of this card. It's perfect for spring. I'm so glad that you won that wonderful stash from the Turner Syndrome Challenge. So fabulous, congratulations!!!

Donna Ellis said...

WHAT A FANTASTIC CARD! loving the playful coloring concept, and the use of the border in your layering, Verna. Congratulations on winning really great prizes. I know they have found the perfect home! Hoping this is finding you feeling better these days. big hugs, de

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is a beauty and looks so cheerful. Love the colors and fab details of this card. Wow, what a nice prize you won. You must have been thrilled when you opened your box. I am happy to hear you are feeling much stronger now. Take care and have a nice weekend.

Carol L said...

What a lovely card with those whimsical flower images! Just beautiful!

Leslie Miller said...

Well, congratulations on your huge win, Verna! That's fantastic! I've loved the look of these Rubbernecker watercolor flowers. They've got a sketchy, simple look that turns out so good. I have a fondness for the colors you used, too. Wonderful card!

Jan Mahew said...

Verna, I would like to CONGRATULATE YOU on your HUGE WIN! Thank you for supporting TSF. Your card is lovely! Thank you for sharing your exquisite floral creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. We love your support of our blog. Stay safe, stay healthy and happy crafting!
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

TK said...

Beautiful card, Verna, and it's a plus that you used some of your HUGE win! Congrats!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...