Sunday, August 1, 2021

Beccy's Place: August Challenge

 Here is my entry for Beccy's Place: August Challenge. I used the Peony freebie being offered as well as some other pattern paper from Beccy's Place. The dies used are stitched rectangles from Maker's Movement. And the sentiment I think is one that Donna Ellis offered as a freebie too! It worked perfectly with this design. After adding all the layers to a white card base I finished it by adding some pink rhinestones from Mark Richards.



I chose to use the pre-colored image as it seemed to be a perfect match for the pattern paper. And I also added a strip of the plaid inside the card to tie the card front and the inside together.

This is the Sunday our little Leah was baptized. I was not able to attend due to the early hour and long travel. With my medical issues it was best I stay home. But Arlin went to be there so we were represented. I did watch the baptism on video though so in a way I did attend too!

I hope your Sunday and first day of August is going well. We are a bit clearer looking today. Not so much smoke from Canada clouding our sunshine. So that is an uplifting view as when it was smokey it was dreary looking. Well, take care everyone and I will see you next time. And, thanks so much for the wonderful comments you leave me. I love them!

God bless, Verna

12 comments:

Carol L said...

What a gorgeous card! Those pre-colored images are just fabulous!

Barbara said...

You make great cards with the pre-colored images and you're digital know-how.

Maria said...

A beautiful peony, so pretty! It looks wonderful with the plaid background! Happy to hear you got to see the baptism by video! Have a good week, hugs!!

Shona Erlenborn said...

The background paper does match the peony beautifully. Wonderful sentiment too! Glad you got to see the baptism. Hope the smoke will clear soon.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Pretty!

Sharyn Polesel said...

This is a beautiful card. The flower is lovely and goes perfectly with the patterned paper. I love it! Hope all is well with you.

TK said...

Beautiful flower, Verna, and it appears to be made for that paper!

So glad you got to see Leah's Baptism via video, but I know you were with her in spirit the whole time.

We are still socked in by smoke, and the health dangers are rising again so it's good to stay safe

Beccy said...

Your card is beautiful Verna, I love the combination of the paper and image... great choice! The sentiment is wonderful too and works beautifully with the other elements. I also like the little rhinestones you scattered around the card.
I'm glad you were able to watch Leah's baptism via video, it's wonderful what technology can offer.
Cheers,
Beccy

Mac Mable said...

What a pretty card and I am so glad you manged to 'see' the baptism x.

Dawn S. said...

Such a pretty card! I am glad that you were able to watch the baptism!

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful card Verna - so beautifully composed! so glad to hear you could at least 'virtually' attend your grand daughter's baptism.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Ina G said...

Simply beautiful Verna.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...