Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Washi Tape Anniversary Card

Some few months ago I won a gift certificate to Altenew and this huge over 11 inches wide Washi tape was one of the items I spent it on. Well, I had some difficulty getting the tape to unroll without tearing but I did manage to get some pieces of it so that I could end up with some great card making supplies. This particular tape is called Wild Flora Washi Tape and it is indeed beautiful. I am hoping eventually I will get it to come off the roll easier. But I doubt I will ever order any that wide again. It is too difficult for me with my arthritis hands. A2 card size washi tape is much easier to work with. There were dies with the bundle I bought too so I might be showing some die cut flowers from the tape one of these days on future cards.



I decided to fussy cut around the bigger flower and then have that as a border design against the darker green cardstock. This panel was then die cut with a Maker's Movement Stitched Rectangle Die before adding it to the white card base.  The sentiment is also from Altenew.

I have several wedding anniversaries coming up this Fall so I thought I best work on making a few for those occasions. I think it makes a lovely anniversary card.

Well, I survived my procedure Monday and like many of  you had said I found the prep day was the worst. And, the results were that I have a healthy colon. So that at least was a good thing to hear. Thanks to all who kept me in their thoughts that day. 

Well, today no card making but instead I slept in as I got very little sleep the night before. I also had some leftover chicken broth so I decided to make a casserole with that, chicken, some noodles and veggies for a supper meal. I am sure I have way to much so no doubt I will put a few meals in the freezer for those days I want to craft and not have to worry about what's for supper. LOL 

Take care everyone and thanks for the visit and comments. 

Until next time, God bless, Verna


11 comments:

Rosy Newlun said...

11 inch washi paper? Man, I've never heard of that! How cool. This is stunning! I'd probably tear it, too. It looks beautiful. Your chicken sounds yummy. Yup, the prep for colonoscopy, um, well, ick. I used to think we should call it Go Muchly instead of Go Lytely. Glad that part of you is squeaky clean. We've been busy with our daughter and her hubby as they help us with the big clean up of everything. Big hugs to you and Arlin!

kiwimeskreations said...

So glad all went well for you - the prep for that is not nice at all!
Love the sound of your supper dish, but more than that - I think your card is wonderful - Your choice to cut the edge of the tape to feature the flower is fabulous!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Carol L said...

I wasn't even aware they made washi tape that wide, but it sure is pretty! Cutting around the sticky edge had to be quite fiddly but what a pretty anniversary card resulted! It's beautiful! Glad to hear you got good news too, it sure beats the opposite! Take care!

Barbara said...

I had seen tape that wide and I didn't know how to use it. This is a great way and I love your card. I like your idea of putting away meals for days when you just want to craft and dinner is on the table as usualy. Lol

Vicki Dutcher said...

Pretty use of the wt. you are very lucky with your wins!

Dawn S. said...

Wow, 11 inches! I didn't know it came that wide. You made a beautiful card with it, though. Glad that your procedure went well.

Maria said...

Oh, what a lovely anniversary card!! Beautiful color and love the wide washi tape! Happy to hear that your procedure went well!!

Mac Mable said...

I love how you used that pretty washi tape and fussy cut it. A beautiful card Verna x. So glad that the procedure went well and nothing wrong with the colon x.

Sandra H said...

So pretty x

Brenda in IN said...

I agree, this tape is beautiful and made a gorgeous card. I'm glad you got a clean bill of health from your procedure. It's not fun but I'm glad you got it done.

Greta said...

I got to go through the same thing last week & also got a good report this time! Love how you cut around the flower--beautiful card! I did attach about a 2 inch piece of cardstock to the end of my wide Washi & it does make it easier to use. Can't remember where I picked up that tip.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...