Monday, August 23, 2021

Winter Trees Scene

A couple weeks ago I printed out the winter scene design from Jan's Digitals Over the River set and I had added a car image loaded with presents for Christmas giving to complete that design. Well I printed out more of the tree scene then I really needed so today I used the winter trees printout by itself and I like it a lot. I simply added a Penny Black sentiment in red and then placed the scene on a red card base. The scene was die cut out with a Maker's Movement stitched die.



Well, we had a nice visit with our kids who came for the weekend. They also helped install our dishwasher and now we are learning how to operate that. I guess it is not too hard. A neighboring town has a Sweetcorn Festival every year so some of the family went to get a free sweetcorn feed for us to enjoy Sunday noon. They were so generous with the corn and besides that gave buttered bread and also a 24 pack of pop. I fixed a taco salad to go with the fare and that was our noon meal which everyone seemed to enjoy. Later some of them went to the parade that was held in the afternoon and hubby drove his old '55 Ford F250 that he restored in the parade. So it was a busy and fun weekend.

Thanks for all the visits and I hope all of you are off to a great week now. I am now being deprived of my pain meds so I may be in a bit more misery. Getting ready for the procedure  next Monday. I will be glad when it is all over and done with.

Until next time take care and God bless, Verna      

18 comments:

Patti J said...

Verna, your card is beautiful, and the red sentiment totally pops! Jan’s digi images are awesome! Great job! Sounds like a wonderful visit with family. So nice to have help with your dishwasher! You will have to share a photo of that 55 truck! I’ll be thinking of you, and hoping your pain doesn’t get too bad. It will be nice to have the procedure behind you. Sending hugs and prayers!

Bunny said...

Sounds like y'all had a great weekend. I'd love to have seen the 55 Ford. That would be fun to tool around in.

Beautiful scenic card.

Sorry your pain level is bad. I do hope it gets better sooner rather than later. [Bunny]

TK said...

Wow! I really love the scene as it is, Verna! While a car would be nice, it is wonderful without it.
Hope you get to healing and feeling better soon -- pain is terrible, but coming out the other side is definitely good to look forward to. Take card, and God bless!

Barbara Bruder said...

Verna, what a beautiful scene. I really love it. I may have to get that scene , thanks for sharing the info about your card. Hope your procedure shows nothing bad. Stay well.

kiwimeskreations said...

Enjoy your dishwasher Verna - they are great once you figure them out :).
Love your simple card - that is so pretty with the red sentiment and background.
Sounds as though you had a wonderful weekend.
Trust the procedure goes well next week
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Barbara said...

You are getting a great start to your Christmas cards with this gorgeous one. Time with family is always great, and your weekend sound so much fun and productive too.

Carol L said...

I just love this classic Christmas card with a pretty scene and a great sentiment! Sounds like you had a great weekend with the kids and now I need to dig out my recipe and make taco salad again soon! I'd love to see a picture of your hubby's restored Ford truck - we are car enthusiasts here and used to go to all the old card shows when we were able to walk easily. Wishing you a pain-free outcome after your procedure - praying things go well for you.

Diane said...

Calm, peaceful and beautiful scene, though I am dreading the winter coming, how about you??

Brenda in IN said...

That is a beautiful, peaceful snowy scene. Your lunch sounds delicious and how wonderful you got to spend time with your kids for the weekend. Wow, a '55 Ford, how cool. My first car was a '51 Ford and I remember it fondly. I hope your pain isn't to bad and the procedure is quick and easy with fast healing.

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is a gorgeous card, Verna. So classy! Sounds like you had a fun and productive visit from the kids! It's great that some of them are around. Hope all goes well with the procedure, take care.

Maria said...

Oh, I love a beautiful card with a lovely scenery! And, your card surely depicts a gorgeous one! With the hot humid weather I am ready to welcome a winter scene! So happy to hear that you had a wonderful weekend with family and fun festivities! How awesome for your husband to drive his '55 Ford in the parade! Sending up prayers for your upcoming procedure! I pray all goes well and that you have a quick recovery! Take care, hugs!!

Greta said...

That is a beautiful image & looks great with the red sentiment & mat! Sounds like things are normal in your area. Lots of new Covid cases here, so we're staying isolated & are so thankful God gave us the wonderful vaccines!

Sharyn Polesel said...

I love winter scenes and this is lovely. I'm ready to get rid of some of this heat and enjoy the snow. Take care and stay safe.

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous! Love that beautiful scene! Sounds like you had a nice visit... it's so wonderful to be able to see our families again isn't it?

Sandra H said...

This is just so wonderful l love everything about it x

Kathy Krug said...

I remember the scene with the car and thought it was great. This is gorgeous too. Every time I see you use a digital I wish I could do that too. maybe I will learn how this year.

Dawn S. said...

What a beautiful winter scene! So pretty.

Karen Dunbrook said...

how beautiful...I love scene cards.
xx Karen

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...