Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Stenciled Background Christmas Cards

Today I have two more designs from the Stamplorations Christmas Ephemera Kit #1 but this time I stenciled a background for each using a Tim Holtz Poinsettia stencil. I really like how these turned out. I also added some Bic marker here and there for more definition and to change up the color a little bit.



I also am loving those little sentiment stickers and I have been using them on the outside and also on the inside of the cards. The whole kit is so lovely and makes for wonderful cards. I only bought one kit but there are other Christmas kits as well as kits for other occasions.

Well, that is all for me today. We are doing a little remodeling so that I can get a dishwasher. So things are in a bit of a mess at the moment. I hope all of you are doing well and thanks so much for all the wonderful comments you leave me each post. 

Take care and God bless, Verna

17 comments:

Patti J said...

Lovely cards, Verna! And you have such a wonderful start on Christmas cards! You go girl!!!

Diane said...

Both of these are lovely and the stencil looks as though it were made for the toppers, very beautiful!

Kathy Krug said...

Wonderful use of the stencil. Love how you matched the colors of the stenciling to the focal image.

kiwimeskreations said...

You really are making the most of the kit - some amazing work here :)
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Judy Inukai said...

Beautiful cards. You are certainly getting the most out of that kit.

Barbara said...

I really like how these turned out too. You have given me some great ideas for cards this year.

Carol L said...

These are just beautiful - both of them! Good luck with that new dishwasher!

Donna Ellis said...

Your stenciling is lovely, Verna! Love the colors you chose! Beautiful cards. Hugs, de

Shona Erlenborn said...

The stenciling is perfect for those focal images! Wonderful work Verna!

Maria said...

Wonderful stenciling! The images are so pretty in beautiful color! Awesome inspiration, which makes me want to get more Christmas cards done! Well done, Verna!! Take care, hugs!!

Liz said...

Two beautiful cards, Verna. Lovely designs. xx

Dawn S. said...

You did a great job with the stenciled background! Beautiful cards.

Judy Woodland said...

These are just beautiful! I love the colors you have used, they go so well together. Very nice!

Mac Mable said...

The stencilling looks fabulous and both cards have the WOW factor Verna x.

Birgit said...

These are both so sweet Verna! I've seen this stencil in action and think I need to bring one home on my next shopping excursion. The sticker sentiments are a great idea. Beautifully done!

TK said...

VERY pretty, Verna! These are both beautiful

Lisa said...

These are gorgeous!! I think I need to get over to stamplorations and shop!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...