Thursday, February 18, 2016

Apple Mint & White Friendship

Just in time for getting St. Patrick's Day cards ready I became the owner of some of the newly released ink and card stock from Gina K. Designs called Apple Mint. It is such a pretty spring colored green shade and I really love it. It works so well with the Gina K. Designs Christmas Pine in this card I created.


For this card I used the sentiment and the four leaf clover from the CAS-UAL Fridays Stamps set called Clover. I love all the wonderful sentiments on that set and I know it will be a great asset for many St. Patrick Days to come too! The clover was colored in with Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens. By blending several colors together I was able to match the color of the Apple Mint and the Christmas Pine colors. I popped that clover to give some dimension to the card.



I also used several dies from Cheery Lynn Designs. I just love the big Fleur De Lis Facer die which dresses up a card so well. I cut it from white card stock and then lined it with the Apple Mint card stock. I stamped in the sentiment with Christmas Pine ink and added the green daisies which are die cut as well. They were sponged with some of the Christmas Pine ink and I used a small button brad from Eyelet Outlet for the center. The daisies were placed over the Christmas Pine card stock flourish die cuts from Cheery Lynn Designs. The last addition to the card was the satin ribbon.



Here is a recap of the Cheery Lynn Dies used.
Fleur De Lis A2 Card Facer B701
Daisy Strip B259
Mini Fanciful Flourish B117S

This card will be entered in the following challenges:
Scrapy Land Blog Challenge
Cheery Lynn Designs Blog Challenge
Love To Scrap Challenge Blog

I hope you enjoyed looking at what I did this afternoon. I did accomplish quite a bit in the card making area so I feel quite pleased with myself. Thanks for stopping in and for taking the time to comment. I love every word you type!

God bless,
Verna

13 comments:

Peanut said...

Lovely card, Verna. The Apple Mint colour is quite special.
x Asha

Barbara said...

I LOVE the Apple Mint and Christmas Pine together. Great looking card and great ides how you lined the apple mint under the white. Sweet!

Lillian A said...

Adorable card and love the verse! Thank you for participating in our anything goes challenge at Love To Scrap.

Unknown said...

GREAT colors, lovely sentiment, gorgeous flowers! This is so pretty!

Unknown said...

thankyou, Have been wondering about these colours as never had the pine either. Great card

Joyce Erb said...

I need to get the new inks on my next order. LOOOVE your card and gorgeous die cuts

Lori Kobular said...

What a beautiful Saint Patrick's Day card! I love the rich greens, the sentiment and the dies you used to create this beauty! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

Donna Ellis said...

I can almost taste the mint in your pretty card colors! It's a beautiful SPD card! Thanks for sharing with us at the {Scrapy Land Challenge}! Hope to see your pretty projects again soon!
crafty hugs,
de
{Creative Smiles}

Carolyn said...

Verna, you have really been busy creating many fantastic cards this past week or so. Each one is unique and I liked all of them. Who makes the heart die you used on a valentine?
Hugs,
Carolyn

Judy Woodland said...

Love that A2 Card Facer, I think I need it. Beautiful colors, those two greens are gorgeous together. And I love your flowers and flourishes, just stunning!!

Patricia St Martin said...

Gorgeous card and green is my favorite color. Beautiful dark green bow and the dies are perfect. Good Luck! I hope we see you again!! Thank you for joining us at Scrapy Land.
Hug, Patricia
Scrapy Land Store
rubber stamping is my game blog

Jenny Alia said...

How pretty! Love the green flowers! Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.

Lisa said...

Perfect for this month!! So festive! Thanks for joining us this week with Cheery Lynn Designs

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...