Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Stampin' Up! Wetland Scene

I have always admired those who used the Wetlands stamp set from Stampin' Up! so when the chance came for me to purchase it I jumped right on it. Using this set I made a simple sunset scene with the use of water colors using my Spectrum Noir Aqua markers. I took the makers and scribbled on a plastic palette and added water with a water brush to soften them. I then painted onto my water color card stock which is from Tim Holtz.



The images and sentiment were stamped on the card with black ink from Gina K. Designs and then I added a bit of more color to the birds and also to the grass fronds. After layering the scene onto a light brown card stock I then added it to the base card of white card stock.

This was made as a Thinking of You card but I will actually be using it as a sympathy card for a man who died this past week. I hope it will bring comfort to his family.

Have a great week everyone. And, thanks for looking and leaving such wonderful comments.

God bless,
Verna

8 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such a pretty beach scene and sky

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very pretty sky and water. I have always liked this set too, even though I do not own it. You did a nice job!

Unknown said...

That's beautiful! I NEED that set now! TFS!!!

Olga Moore said...

A beautiful, soft scene. Well done!

Barbara said...

You have made a wonderful scene here. Pretty water color effect. Thanks for the tip, I am always up for a challenge.

Judy Woodland said...

Awesome scene card. You are so good at those, I have a hard time with them. Love your soft background and the way you used those stamps. Well done!

Joyce Erb said...

Such a pretty scene, love the soft watery look

Unknown said...

Wow have these both and used both but just doing the watercolour bits so may have to try. Beautiful card Verna

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...