Friday, February 26, 2016

Stenciled Spring

The release party challenge Thursday night by Gina K. Designs was to use two different pattern papers together to create a card. I decided this afternoon to try and make a design with that in mind and used images from the Stenciled Spring stamp set which I was lucky enough to win in a grab bag from Gina K. Designs.


I did my best to match Spectrum Noir Aqua pens with the colors used in the papers. This was as close as I could get. And, since this is a solid type image I colored directly onto the stamp and while it was still moist I stamped it on the white card stock.

I cut the center pattern paper on a diagonal and then added the other pattern paper design on each side. Next I lined it with a black oval before I added it to the white card base. I added some of the blanket stitched design die cuts from the Cheery Lynn Designs Allison's Ribbons along the adjoining edges. I thought this looked a bit more decorative and sort of reminded me of a quilt pattern.

The stamped image was then cut with an oval die from Cheery Lynn Designs and then layered onto a larger oval die in black. I then popped this over the center of the card. The finishing touch was to add some black pearls to the center of each flower.


Well, two cards done today. But I confess one of them was started already last night. But now it is time to put my toys away for awhile. I sort of think hubby would appreciate me making something for the evening meal instead of more cards. LOL

You have a great evening and I hope your weekend is wonderful too!

God bless,
Verna

10 comments:

Rosy Newlun said...

How beautiful!!! Great paper choices. Amazing matching of the coloring to the papers!! And the way you used the die cuts looks just like stitches - beautifully done, Verna!

Rosy Newlun said...

How beautiful!!! Great paper choices. Amazing matching of the coloring to the papers!! And the way you used the die cuts looks just like stitches - beautifully done, Verna!

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS colors, love how you 'stitched' the Designer Papers together--gives it a homespun feel! The stenciled flower stamp is so delicate and lovely. Beautiful card!

Judy Woodland said...

LOVE this Verna!!! The patterned papers go so well together and I love the stamped image. How clever to use the Aqua Markers!! Love the "stitching" too, I must try that. Very clever idea Gina had!

Unknown said...

Everything matches super Verna. Nice colour choices

Vicki Dutcher said...

Came together wonderfully!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very pretty! I like how you arranged the paper.

Peanut said...

This is gorgeous, Verna. the two papers do work well together.
x Asha

richardbreaks said...

Super job, Verna. Love the stenciled look. Pretty papers!

Nancy said...

Love the paper combination Verna! Great card!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...