Friday, February 19, 2016

Red & White/Emboss Resist

This card will be entered in the Mix It Up Monday Challenge at Stamp TV and also at the Red & White challenge at the Double D Blog Challenge for this week.


The rose image and the sentiment are from the Gina K. Designs Stamp TV Kit Made With Love. My inks used were Versamark and Gina K. Designs Cherry Red.

First I stamped the rose on white paper in a random design with Versamark and then I sprinkled them with Gina K. Designs clear embossing powder. After heat setting the powder I then took a sponge and added Cherry Red dye ink to cover the panel. Once I had it all colored I then took a paper towel and wiped more of the red off the embossed areas so that the white would pop more.

I layered this panel then onto a white card base. Next I die cut the Cheery Lynn Dies banner and on this I stamped the sentiment with Cheery Red ink. A portion of the banner was cut off so that it would fit correctly onto the card.

On a separate piece of white card stock I stamped the rose image again only this time in the Cherry Red. I then fussy cut a little white border around this rose and popped it up on the banner tag.


The finishing touch was to add some white pearls onto the open red areas between the roses. This is a card that will work for many occasions by just adding an appropriate verse inside.

Cheery Lynn Designs Die:
Pierced Banners DL303

Well, my week of crafting is done. And, most likely I will be staying put in the house this weekend as we had rain overnight and it caused the snow covered ground to be an ice rink. If hubby has a tough time standing I am sure I would be down in no time at all.  So if any of you are having icy conditions your way, please take it easy and be careful. We don't want anyone breaking some bones.

God bless,
Verna


17 comments:

Darlene said...

Absolutely awesome! LOVE your background stamping and the overall card is beautifully designed! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘RED & WHITE’ Challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Vicki said...

Simply beautiful card, Verna! The emboss resist technique made for a fabulous background. Thanks for joining the Double D, "Red and White" Challenge!

Donna Ellis said...

How lovely to play off the background, Verna! FANTASTIC card design! Pinning your card! Hugs, de

Becky said...

Beautiful card Verna!

Karen Hasheck said...

This card is gorgeous!

Rosy Newlun said...

What a background! That is fabulous with the flowers and bold red/white!!! The pearls and sentiment make this perfect!!!

Diane said...

Beautifully designed card Verna!! Thank you for joining our Double D 'Red/White' challenge!
Diane DD DT

Unknown said...

Spectacular! Love those roses and your design using that technique--fabulous!!!

Barbara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barbara said...

Love the simple design of red and white and your wonderful roses. Really outstanding. Stay inside where is is safe and warm. Sending sunshine, Barb

Judy Woodland said...

I LOVE this Verna, it's just gorgeous. You have used that beautiful stamp perfectly and I love the emboss resist. Really nice card.

Unknown said...

Very pretty, and have a huge stamp here waiting to be used. Thanks for the inspiration from your posts.

Kathy Krug said...

This card is so striking. I love the resist and then how you used the single rose by the sentiment.

Peanut said...

Elegant, classy, pretty. What an outstanding card, Verna. Your choice of colours are perfect.
x Asha

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous card mf...I made one similar to yours last wk but haven't had a chance to post it....
hugs,
Karen

Darnell said...

Verna, this is beautiful! I think your emboss resist background is outstanding and would be pretty for a card by itself, but THEN you added that awesome sediment banner! And THEN you added huge impact with that single blossom! And THEN you added the sweet pearls! This is a good tutorial on how to add mwah details to your card and know when to stop! I'm bookmarking this post!! Enjoy your day and stay off the ice! Hugs, Darnell

Vicki Dutcher said...

Pretty red and white card - nice flower image! Thanks for joining in at the DD's

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...