Monday, February 8, 2016

Birthday Wishes

Another birthday card and I am working with some older items I have and again with some of the newer acquisitions from last week.


My main focal image is a die cut using one of my Die-Namites dies that I seem to use a lot. So it is one of my favorites. I cut it out with white card stock and then colored it with Color Bursts. I used   a paint palette made from a plastic lid and brushed the colors of green, red and yellow which were mixed with water onto the die image. The more water added the lighter the colors so I tried to create more of a pinkish look as well as some darker reds in the blossoms. My colors were inspired by the photo below.


And the die I used is a nice big one and features hearts and flowers both which are favorite things for me. I thought instead of a Valentine though I would make use of it for a birthday card. It is called Love Arrangement.


I also took a straight on photo of my project and I hope you can see all the details of things I added to the colored die. 



And I love the nice big sentiment. It is a new set which I got from Gina K. Designs and it is called Massive Messages. I know that set will be getting inky quite often.

I finished the card by adding some pearls to the center of the flowers and also by gluing in the negative heart dies inside the hearts. I took a pen and added some corresponding colored dots to them. And the last step was to add some black polka dot washi tape to the right side and also inside the card. This new roll of washi tape is from Stampin'  Up!

This card will be entered in the following challenges:


Thanks for stopping by this windy and blizzard like day! We did not get much snow but with 40+ mile an hour winds it sure looked like a lot more. Stay safe everyone who is in the same situation! 
Don't travel unless you absolutely must!

God bless,
Verna

19 comments:

Paulette Akagi said...

Very pretty. I like the black background---it really highlights the flowers.

Darlene said...

Nicely done Verna! The colors really pop against the black background! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Double D Challenges! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Lori Kobular said...

Beautiful card! I love the flowers against the black! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

cardscookiecarrotcake said...

Lovely card Verna. I too like the black background, it makes the colors pop. I like the pearl details and the little hearts.

Kathy Krug said...

Love that dark background with the pretty die, Verna. It really makes it pop. Thanks for joining us at Double D Challenges and we hope to see more of your creations.

Kathy Krug said...

Well what are the chances that you would land on my number for two challenge blogs? Glad you decided to enter your creation in the Scrapy Land Challenge Blog.

Ina G said...

Oh Verna I LOVE this card and that beautiful die. I need to put it on my wish list. Love the sentiment and the strip on the side finishes it of so well. Love those colours...

Diane said...

Beautiful Verna....clever idea to have the black background making those colors pop!! Thank you for joining our Double D 'Pretty Pink Hearts' challenge!
Diane DD DT

Unknown said...

Ooooh I LOVE those colors on a black background....they really POP! This is just beautiful!

Donna Ellis said...

How beautiful! I love die-namites dies! hugs, de

Olga Moore said...

Very pretty, Verna! Love the colorful die cuts against the black background. REALLY makes them pop!

Carolyn said...

Beautiful card, Verna. I like how you colored it.

Judy Woodland said...

Great use of that die....I always love bright colors against a black background. Your design is awesome, and the washi tape is perfect here

Vicki Dutcher said...

Looks awesome against the black background

Joyce Erb said...

Love all the color you added to the die cut. It makes it look like a bunch of dies layered. Great cheery card.

Unknown said...

Beautiful with the black background, Pops.

Samra said...

Gorgeous make!
Thank you so very kindly for joining our challenge #35 “Anything Goes” at Scrapy Land!
Samra DT
Paper Talk with Samra

Amelia Breytenbach said...

This is a gorgeous creation! Love the bright flowers against the black background. Thanks for playing along with us at Double "D" Challenges.
Amelia (DT Double "D" Challenges)

Peanut said...

Lovely! The black background really makes the flowers pop.
x Asha

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...