Thursday, February 25, 2016

Holy Cow!

The Mod Squad Blog Challenge for this week was the theme Animal Fun. So I chose to do a card with one of my favorite animals.......the Holstein cow. We had a dairy farm for over 25 years and although I was not that fond of the work involved, I did think some of the cows were nice looking and that their calves were really cute,


I dug out some older wood mounted stamps from Embossing Arts and used them for this card. And, I am glad to report that all of the images are still being made and are available at I Brake for Stamps.

I stamped the frame, cow and sentiment all in black. On the cow I added some Spectrum Noir Aqua markers and also a bit of Spectrum Noir clear glitter pen to the wings and to the halo. All were then cut out and layered to red card stock before I added them to the white card base.



I added a bit of the frame to the bottom of the inside too, so that both inside and outside were connected. I have not added a sentiment inside yet. I might have to think about what I will do for that and maybe eventually computer generate something. However I do it I hope the recipient gets a little chuckle from this cow card. I think it could be used for many occasions too!

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have an udderly fine rest of the week too!

God bless,
Verna

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy Cow...tee hee.....super cute! Love how you fussy cut everything out and layered them! :)

Johanna said...

It is Sooooo cute and fun looking. Great card Verna

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This is so fun! I also like the cow and pig images I have seen over at I Brake for Stamps, but I haven't purchased any yet. There is one with a pig that says "Hog Wash" that makes me laugh. I like the way you accented everything with the red. Very cool.

I Brake For Stamps said...

Love this, Verna!!! Fantastic Card!

Darnell said...

What immediately came to mind for an inside sediment is "You're HOW old?!" Coming from Iowa and especially having lived part of my life in Holstein County, I adore your fun card, Verna!! Hugs, Darnell

Joyce Erb said...

Oh! This is the cutest cow! Love his wings

Rosy Newlun said...

Thank you for making me LOL from the belly!!!! I love funny, hysterical cards and it tickled all of my funny bones!!! I heard the SN clear glitter is actually really clear, like maybe prettier than Wink of Stella. You are an enabler :D :D :D ♥

Unknown said...

Makes for a really cute card Verna. Like Rosy, got to giggling here.

Peggy T. said...

Such a fun card. Thanks for taking the challenge with us at the Mod Squad Challenge.

Peggy T.
Mod Squad Challenge

Peanut said...

Oh I love this! What a fun card, Verna!
x Asha

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...