Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Birthday Splash!

Yesterday I worked on some birthday cards and this is one I came up with that went together really quick and easy with the use of bingo daubers and an old ink cleaner bottle with yellow food coloring water in it, I used them for making a background. If one bounces the dauber really hard it will splash spatters of ink for a neat look.


Then my next mission was to add the sentiment which is from the Gina K. Designs Stamp It Big set. I popped up the birthday portion of the sentiment over where I had added the hanging presents image which is from the Gina K. Designs Happy Birthday To You set.  I found Spectrum Noir Aqua markers which were nearly the same shade as some of the inks and used them to color the presents. After that I layered this panel to Gina K. Designs Blue Raspberry card stock which matched the ink in the sentiment. My final step in the creation of this card was to add the ribbon bow.

Our weather is changing and we are getting back to more normal winter temperatures for us. So far it is not too bad but the wind is picking up. South of us they are supposed to get lots of snow too, but the weather map did not show us getting nearly as much if any!

Well, have a nice day everyone!

God bless,
Verna

12 comments:

Becky said...

So cute! Love the splashes of color.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun card - love the splatts

Kathy Krug said...

Very cool card. Love the bright colors.

Unknown said...

Great use of a Bingo Dauber.....love the fresh bright colors! FUN!!!

Rushd Lady said...

Pretty! This card would work for the Coloring Challenge over at Kathy Racoosin's blog! By the way, we've got wind down here in MO, but you can keep the snow!

Judy Woodland said...

Oh how fun!!! I have some Tim Holtz stains that come in with a dauber like that....thanks for the inspiration! Love your colors and design too, great card.

Karen Hasheck said...

Fun card- and a great idea! Love it! We got all the snow in Wisconsin:)

Barbara said...

Verna goes, BAM, SPLASH.... and has another fun, bold birthday card. How do you do it?

Anonymous said...

How cute, love the colours.

Peanut said...

oh what a fun card, Verna!
x Asha

Nancy said...

Don't forget when you make a birthday card you can always link up to Seize the Birthday! Love the splats!!

Karen Dunbrook said...

super fun...I need to splat!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...