Thursday, February 11, 2016

Heart Leaf Birthday

I did up a quickie today using the beautiful leafy potted plant image from Gina K. Designs Made With Love Stamp TV Kit. I took some of the new ink colors that Gina K. Designs came out with called Blue Lagoon and Apple Mint and put some of the ink in each lid. Then I took a wet brush and mixed it with the ink and then painted the leaves. I finished the pot and shadow along the bottom with Spectrum Noir Aqua markers. The sentiment I added is also from Gina K. Designs and is from the Stamper's Favorites set which is illustrated by Melanie Muenchinger.


I used Gina K. Designs Blue Lagoon, Apple Mint and White card stock along with some sort of rust colored card stock which I had in my stash. My tag was a die from Cheery Lynn Designs on which I put the potted plant image. I also used a die from Spellbinders for the edged designs. And, the final touch was to add a ribbon bow from American Crafts and some enamel dots which are from Stampin' Up! Oh, the inside was lined with a white sheet of paper so that I can add a sentiment inside.

This will be entered into the Mod Squad Blog Challenge for this week.

Well, that's all folks! Have a great weekend. Mine will be busy with family so that will be fun!

God bless,
Verna

13 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I really like how you colored the leaves with those two colors. Very pretty card overall. I am probably done crafting for the weekend too, since it is a long weekend we have some extra things planned. Have a good one!

Aileen said...

Vern beautiful card, love your layout and the colouring.

kittykat3308 said...

This card is beautiful. I love everything about it.

Blessings,
Kathleen

Barbara said...

If this is a quickly, you have certainly mastered that. Love the bright colors in the new papers and those dies are beautiful and one of my favorites and I go to them often. The image is a fav of mine too. Unfortunately, I don't have it. Really like it on this card.

Judy Woodland said...

I love those new colors together, and you have used them perfectly here Great coloring on the little potted plant, it's so great when you can use the ink in that way. Wonderful borders too, they look awesome!! Really cute card, my dear!!!

Donna Ellis said...

Such a cute stamp image, Verna, and beautiful design! I have some of those SB curves, too, and have not used them yet - they are so pretty! your color choices, and blending are gorgeous in the leaves! Beautiful card, Miss Verna! Hope your week-end is extra special! hugs, de

Unknown said...

This is stunning! Love the design and the border edges--soooo pretty! That heart shaped vine is perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Mod Squad Challenge Donna, Challenge Host.

Unknown said...

Very pretty Verna, and the stock makes me wish I had a drop point in the States. :)

Nancy said...

Love all your stacked layers Verna! Very pretty card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun card with those added layers -- Have a great family week end

Tracey said...

Pretty card Verna & I love the colours :o)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Peanut said...

So delicate and pretty. Love the die cut side borders too.
x Asha

Sharon Fontenot said...

I may have to try a similar layout. This would make a great sketch challenge.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...