Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Color Bursts Birthday

I mentioned before that the month of March is loaded with birthdays so here is one of the cards I made using a heart stencil and Color Bursts for the background. I also used stamps from the Gina K. Designs Made with Love TV Kit. That kit also included the heart stencil.


The hearts design is not always visible but I still liked the combination of colors. I had used yellow, red and blue Color Bursts water color granules. I put the stencil down on the white watercolor paper and then shook a bit of each granule colors here and there. When I spritzed the granules with water the colors were dispersed all over the panel to create this background.

When this panel was dry I then overstamped in black some of the flourish designs in the kit. And, before adding it to the white card base my final additions were the gingham ribbon, black layer, stamped flowers and the sentiment which I outlined with black. The center flower was popped. I also added a black pearl to the center of each flower.

I love all the bright colors of this card and think it will be a cheery one to send to someone on their birthday.

Well, not much sunshine today. But the temps are not too bad and each day with above freezing ones help the snow to disappear a bit more.

Thanks so much for visiting.

God bless,
Verna

7 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Really neat way that the stencil was used on this card. I bet it was quite a lot of fun to make!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous colors, love your background!

Kathy Krug said...

This is such a happy spring card. Love the background.

Barbara said...

Very happy Birthday card. It is good that you are already doing the March cards. I have mine done too, I think.

Ina G said...

Simply gorgeous Verna. Love the background and those bright colours. Love the layout too.

Judy Woodland said...

Great way to use the stencil. Such a pretty, colorful card. Perfect for a birthday!!

Unknown said...

Really like this Verna, the colours are great.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...