Sunday, February 7, 2016

Celebrate With Cake

Last week a lot of happy mail arrived at my door and I was contemplating which I should play with first and finally decided that the first arriving at my door would be the products I would use. So I made a birthday card using my supplies I purchased from Stampin' Up! And, this is the first time I ever made a card like this and I am so happy it turned out okay. First I will show you the outside of it.


I used images from a couple different stamp sets. The sentiment, candle and the cake are from the Party With Cake set and the balloons are from the Honeycomb Happiness set. I used Gina K. Designs Black ink for the sentiment and for the balloons and colored them with my Spectrum Noir Aqua pens The cake was stamped with Gina K. Designs Dusty Rose ink and  after I stamped the candle on the cake I colored it with the Aqua pens. I also added some Washi tape and enamel dots which are from Stampin' Up!

Now I will show you the inside and this is the portion of the card that I was so tickled pink to have work out okay and look amazing. I wasn't sure how to do the inside but I cut my card stock to the size I needed and then creased it in the middle so that I had a way to align the die. I used a tiny bit of washi tape to hold the die in place too before I ran it through my machine. Once it was cut out I did a valley fold on the die cut design and then I added the washi tape. It was now ready to add to the inside of the base card.


That is a die I also got from Stampin' Up and I was so happy that it worked so easily for a popup card design. I also added some Washi tape inside.

I think this is a card design that will work for any age or gender just by using a different color of card stock. This is a more feminine card as I used pink but blue or any other color could be used too.

I am entering this in the Seize The Birthday Blog challenge.

Our Badge

Well, time to settle down and watch the Super Bowl with my hubby. I loved how Lady Gaga sang the national anthem. But I like her singing anyway and love how she and Tony Bennet do duets together.

Well, thanks for stopping in and for all the comments you leave.

God bless,
Verna

13 comments:

Lee said...

Oooo la la!!! Your card is amazing Verna!!! I love how colorful and cheery it is!! You are rocking your new goodies!!!!

Unknown said...

Yes, Please! lol Love your pretty card, with cake, balloons, and festive colors.....then when you open it, how FUN! This card is a total CELEBRATION!

kittykat3308 said...

Awesome

Kathleen

Rushd Lady said...

You need a "Like" button.

Barbara said...

Your card is a total fun package. This would be great for the little ones and adults too. As you mentioned. Great job, Seriously!

Unknown said...

Wow Verna, you are really going here. Such a super card, and will absolutely bring a huge smile.

Judy Woodland said...

This card is so cute. I have had my eye on that die too....so much fun to send someone a little surprise inside. Well done, love all your bright colors!!

Darnell said...

Well done, Verna! I'm applauding! You did a brilliant job with your first outing of these products and you are tempting me with that popup cake die, you temptress, you! This is such a fun and festive card for, as you say, anyone's birthday!! I'm sad that I missed Lady Gaga singing, but I will find it online. I've always liked her, too, from the very beginning and I could see how sweet she was under all that silly getup she used to wear. She really found her niche with dear Tony. Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome use of color and super fun SURPRISE inside too

Donna Ellis said...

hahaha! Fun card, Miss Verna! Colorfully pretty on the outside, and packed with fun on the inside! hugs, de

Ina G said...

Yummy card Verna. Did a card with that insert at class last week. Isn't it fabulous. Love your card. Certainly makes me want to eat cake.

Nancy said...

Yeah, You joined us at Seize the Birthday....but must say I had such busy week I didn't see it! I am terribly sorry! You Birthday pop up card is wonderful! We played with this die at SU- Card Club last month! Hope you'll consider dropping by again and I promise to pay better attention!

Peanut said...

Delicious and fun .... my kind of birthday bash! Well done, Verna.
x Asha

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...