Monday, February 22, 2016

Spring Flowers

Even though there is lots of snow still on the ground here I am beginning to think of Spring and all the refreshing signs of it. One thing that is always indicative of Spring is the new growth and I love to see the flowers beginning to peek through. So I was inspired to create a card with some Spring flowers on it. Nothing very complicated and a very clean and simple design. I hope you like it.


I used the flowers and butterfly images from the Gina K. Designs stamp sets in the Made With Love StampTV kit. The sentiment is from the Gina K. Designs set called Birds & Blossoms which is illustrated by Theresa Momber

The flowers are a solid stamp so I inked them up well with my color of choice and then took a Spectrum Noir Aqua marker and went around each one with a complimentary color to give more dimension. I stamped the butterfly and the sentiment with brown ink. Then I colored the butterfly in with the Aqua markers.  I also took a sponge dauber and added some brown ink to the bottom to resemble the soil from which the flowers are growing.

Using a Memory Box Die called Cross Stitched Frame Borders I cut out the scene before I added it to the Gina K. Designs Lipstick card stock base. Since this is a thinner card stock I did not want to add too many layers to my card.

I am sure it will be awhile before the flowers emerged from the earth but one can still think ahead and dream about it. First we need to melt all the snow in our area. And, the month of March can be one of our worst ones for snow storms. I am sure we will still get a few tastes of Old Man Winter before it is really Spring.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope your week is off to a good start.

God bless,
Verna

10 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Delightful and spring like! Just beautiful, Verna! Hugs, de

Rosy Newlun said...

I love how you outlined your flowers - they really jump off the card! And the BUTTERFLY - so gorgeous! Thanks for explaining your steps ♥

Barbara said...

It seems that some of my crafty friends, who live North, are talking about Spring. So it must be close, and now I can make spring cards too. Since being in Florida for the winter, it is always warm and the flowers are blooming. Thanks for the reminder that Spring is on the way.

Unknown said...

Love that stitched frame (I just bought some similar ones) Beautiful posies and butterfly, LOVE that sentiment and the POP of Lipstick card stock for the base is wonderful! YAY Spring!!

Unknown said...

Very pretty and at least gives the illusion of the springtime. Here we have our grass back thank heavens.

Judy Woodland said...

Super pretty! Such a nice spot of spring, especially as I look out over mounds of snow and ice. I'm so ready, thanks for the little pick-me-up!!! Love your design and colors.

Sharon Underwood said...

Very pretty card, Verna! I like how you added more color to the flowers by outlining them. Very striking! Spring is just around the corner...

Kathy Krug said...

Fabulous sentiment. Love your flowers.

Ina G said...

Gorgeous card Verna. Lovely fresh colours.

Peanut said...

So pretty and perfect for spring.
x Asha

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...