Thursday, February 18, 2016

Rustic Cabin Scene

I had so much fun making scenes that I decided to do another one. Cards like this work so well for masculine cards in my opinion. And, this time I made one with a rustic old cabin and some pine trees.
All the stamps used are from Kitchen Sink Stamps. And my cabin must be a little older then some as I see I have it leaning a bit. LOL Oh, well! There are lots of cabins which might lean but still are very functional. So I am sticking with it the way it is.


I used stamps from three different sets from Kitchen Sink Stamps. The pine trees are from the Pine Trees set and the cabin is from the Cabin By The Lake set. I also added the flying birds which is from the Tree Friends set. All of these sets are multi step ones. All go so well together to make up a great outdoor scene.

The images were all inked up with Gina K. Designs dye inks except for the path and the foliage along the one side of the cabin. Those were added with Spectrum Noir Aqua markers by freehand drawing. I also added a little brown marker line to the trees to show the trunks.

I used the Memory Box Cross Stitched Frame Borders die. I really like that die a lot and love all the fun layers you can get from it. I used this die to cut the main scene layer, the rust colored layer and the plaid pattern paper layer. I then placed this all on a thin border layer of darker brown card stock before I added it to the white base card. The twine bow finished off the card design.


I am entering this in the following challenges:
Scrapy Land Blog Challenge
Mod Squad Blog Challenge

I hope you liked my little scene card. And thanks always for the lovely comments. I hope your day is going really great too!

God bless,
Verna

8 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Love your serene scene on this card! The twine bow works perfectly with the rustic cabin stamp! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

Unknown said...

I agree, they do make for wonderful masculine cards....as yours does here. GREAT scene, I can never get the perspectives right, they always look a little funky. Yours is fabulous, love that cabin! The die cuts look awesome!!!

Kathy Krug said...

Love this card. I likes scene cards a lot too and you did a great job with this one.

Peanut said...

Super card for a man... right down to the hemp cord. Well done, Verna.
x Asha

Donna Ellis said...

How pretty your rustic, masculine card is, Verna! Beautiful colors! Thanks for sharing with us at the {Scrapy Land Challenge}! Hope to see your pretty projects again soon!
crafty hugs,
de
{Creative Smiles}

Nancy Hill said...

Love the rustic and outdoor card. Beautiful and you colored it very well. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at Scrapy Land challenge and can't wait to see your next card or project with us soon.

Judy Woodland said...

What an awesome scene you have created. And I did not even notice that the cabin leans a little until I read your comment on it. So happy that you were able to use so many KSS stamps on this one, and that plaid patterned paper and the birds in the sky just bring everything together beautifully. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along again this week over at the Mod Squad.
Judy Woodland, Mod Squad Challenge Host

Joyce Erb said...

WOW, great job combining the stamps, looks great. Love your background layers

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...