Thursday, May 1, 2014

Another One Layer Wonder

I had so much fun with the last "one layer" card I created that I had to try a more clean and simple design this time. I used stamps from Gina K. Designs and they are all from the Stamper's Favorites set by Melanie Muenchinger.


My card stock of choice this time was kraft and by taking a Spellbinder A2 Curved Matting Basics A die and aligning it just below the fold created the card base. I stamped the images in Gina K. Black ink and colored them with Copic markers. I also took a texture brush tool that gives sort of a stippled look and added some brown ink around the colored images. My bling I added was originally clear and black rhinestones but I took my Copic markers and colored the clear ones to match the colors in my card. The bling is made by Want 2 Scrap.

By making this a Thinking of You type of card it allows me to use it for more than one occasion. I like to do that a lot.

This card will be also entered into this week's Mod Squad Blog Challenge in which we were to make one layer cards. 

Wow! Two cards in one day. And, I remember when I used to make several in one day but I guess I have slowed down and take more time to create a bit better or at least I hope that is the case. 

I hope all of you are having a fun filled day too! And, thanks for looking at my card creations and ramblings about them. I so appreciate it!

God bless,
Verna

14 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very nice card! I really like the look of your copic coloring on kraft.

Dawn S. said...

Beautiful! I love the shading on the hummingbird.

Olga Moore said...

Verna, your coloring and card are just gorgeous! The hummingbird is just....WOW!

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful Love it. For some reason not getting the mails from here, so if my checking is not all the time, please forgive me. Hugz

Judy Woodland said...

And, we have a WINNER!!!!! Verna, you have outdone yourself here. Not only does this card POP with color and totally nail the one-layer challenge, but your hummer is PERFECTLY colored. I totally love this card my friend!!!! Well, well done!!!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

Verna, what a lovely card Sister! I dig the colors on the kraft! Those flowers are gorgeous!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Sharyn Polesel said...

This is really gorgeous! I have to agree with Judy, that little hummer is perfectly colored! Well done!

Nancy said...

This is stunning Verna!!!!! So impressed with your coloring! WOW!!!

Cat Tidwell said...

Wowza! totally awesome! Thanks so much for playing along in the Mod Squad Challenge this week!

Peanut said...

What a stunner, Verna! LOVE the the beautifully coloured image ... yet my eyes are drawn to all the sparkle above. Must be the magpie in me!
xxx Asha

Shona Chambers said...

Wow, this card is stunning! I love how you coloured it, the bird looks so beautiful. I'm so jealous as I don't have any copic markers. Your card looks so good it makes me want to run out and buy some!

stampingbowd said...

Gorgeous!!! I love the bling at the top and the gorgeous image on Kraft is stunning!

Gabi said...

Ahaaaa! A texture brush, now I know it! So very beautiful, Verna. Will have to try that brush technique.

Unknown said...

Love coloring on Kraft, isn't it fun? I love all that bling on the top, also. Adds that extra something, and, sparkle is always a good thing, too. LOL Nicely done! TFS!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...