Monday, May 26, 2014

Seven Layers or More

Mix It Up Monday challenge for this week is to use seven layers or more. Well, I only did exactly seven and included the base of the card as one of the layers. And, since I was gifted those lovely brads from my Secret Santa this year I decided to go with the blue and white colors.


I used Gina K. Designs Pure Luxury white and denim blue card stock and also used Gina K. Designs denim blue dye ink. I really love that shade of blue...not quite a navy but not really a royal either. Really it is a wonderful color and looks even better in person. Believe me when I say that!

The stamped image is from the Fleur Di Lis set by Gina K. Designs and is illustrated by Beth Silaika. And, as I mentioned before, the brads were a gift from my friend Fenny and I don't know what company made them. I only know they worked super with the fleur di lis stamped image.

I think this goes to show that a fairly clean and simple card can look great with just a few extra layers added.

Thanks again for looking and I hope your week is an awesome one.

God bless,
Verna

8 comments:

Karen Hightower said...

Very pretty Verna, I love the color and all the layers. The brads were a perfect for this. :)

Barbara said...

I really like this nice crisp nave and white card. The Fleur di lis really enhances the design and it is so simple and elegant. The brads are an amazing match and I bet, the inspiration for this card.

Judy Woodland said...

You couldn't try to match the brads so perfectly with the stamp if you tried any harder. Just the perfect combination. And the brads decided your color palette for you - awesome. Gorgeous card, so crisp and clean, very nice take on the challenge. Well done my dear!!

Olga Moore said...

The denim blue and white is striking, Verna! I love that denim blue card stock too. Already elegant, adding those matching brads makes it even more so. Nicely done!

Fenny said...

A lot of layers dear Verna but it is a wonderful card...! And the brad fitt so good with the stamp, I sould have send you more (if I have) because I don't do nothing with them. Where I bought them? I don't know but I bought more off this I think. Howerver, no way I could make a card like this: It's wonderful.

big hug from fenny

cardscookiecarrotcake said...

Beautiful card Verna. I love the Fleur di Lis in blue, it's like so royal, LOL! Those brads gives it that extra umph.

Unknown said...

Love it, Still looks great and not busy at all with all the layers.

Peanut said...

I really like that blue, Verna... the end result is so clean and crisp. LOVE it!
hugs, Asha

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...