Thursday, May 1, 2014

One Layer Wonder

The challenge this week at the Mod Squad Blog Challenge is to make a one layer wonder card. Well, it is the graduation season and I was needing a few of those types of cards so my entry will be a one layer graduation card.


I used all stamps from the Sparkle & Sprinkle Set 435 called Graduation. I am not sure that set is still available though! Edit: Just heard that it is available still but apparently the website is currently having some issues, so check back often if you want to see this really lovely set which is perfect for graduation cards.

This card involved masking. First I stamped the diploma and masked that. Then I took a negative of a die cut, placed over the card base and sponged on some blue ink. Once that was done I stamped the sentiment inside it. Still keeping the mask on the diploma I also added a die cut mask over the blue inked area with the sentiment. Then I proceeded to stamp the graduation caps image to create a look of pattern paper. After coloring these images in with water base markers I then sponged a light brown or sandy colored ink around the outside. And, even though this is a cream colored card stock card base the diploma appears to be white looking. I tried to create the illusion of a layer around the die sponged area with a black marker. The card was finished by adding some black pearls.

Thanks again for stopping by to look at what I was doing at the kitchen table/craft area today. I so appreciate all the wonderful comments you leave me too.

God bless,
Verna

6 comments:

Barbara said...

Wow! love love that BG. Great card!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I think you did a stellar job with the patterned paper base for this card. A lovely graduation card!

Tricia T said...

Great job! It really looks layered!

Cat Tidwell said...

This rocks Verna! LOVE it! Thanks so much for playing along in the Mod Squad Challenge this week!

Peanut said...

LOVE the background... I feel an uncontrollable urge to copy!. Definitely worth graduating to receive this card. Great job, Verna.
xxx Asha

Unknown said...

Wow, love those graduation caps for the background. How lovely is that? What a great card. Well done! TFS!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...