Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Yee-Haw!

I just could not put it off any longer. I had to use the Out West 2 set from Gina K. Designs which was illustrated by Theresa Momber. Her wonderful designs and the way she stamps her scenes have always been an inspiration to me. So I decided to use some black to frame the colorful scene to make it "pop" more. I am going to enter this in the Mix It Up Monday challenge at Stamp TV in which we are challenged to make it "pop" with black.


I have been a long time fan of scene stamping and so it was a natural that I would want this set. This particular card will be used for a graduation card. The recipient comes from a family where they like horses a lot so I thought it to be very appropriate.

I used sponges to add the color and then stamped my scene over the sponged layout. By making it a late evening "sun down" sky it really made the solid black horses pop too!

To connect the outside with the inside I added some cacti images along with the sentiment.


I hope you enjoyed viewing my little scene card and I hope my graduate will love it as well!

Thanks for stopping by and for all the lovely comments too!

God bless,
Verna

10 comments:

Brenda said...

You do those western scenes so well!

Judy Woodland said...

Boy, you really ROCKED that stamp set my dear. I love what you have done here. Scene cards are not that easy to do in my opinion. Love how you did the clouds, and the horses in silhouette are just awesome! Well don!

Karen Hasheck said...

Awesome card Verna! Great job on the sponging!

meemee48 said...

I'm a fan of Theresa Momber, too. You did a great job!

Kathy Krug said...

I say well done to you. This is a fabulous card. You got the vibrant colors and created such a believable scene.

Laurie Schmidlin said...

Verna, I stopped by to comment again on you MIUM challenge card but actually gasped out loud when I saw this card! Oh my goodness but this is gorgeous!! I am going to have to go and pin this stunning beauty! :-)

Olga Moore said...

Your card is awesome, Verna! I love how you created your background for the horse silhouettes. Just beautiful!

Peanut said...

The colours of the sky is mesmerising. You really nailed the sundown look. The silhouette of the horses against the desert backdrop is stunning! Great card, Verna.
hugs, Asha

Barbara Bruder said...

Verna, what a fabulous scene. Your scenes are always so spectacular!! I am always in awe.Another great card.

Unknown said...

Love it Gorgeous and perfect for that occasion.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...