Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pink & Gray

Today the Midweek Throwdown Color Challenge at Operation Write Home was to use the colors of Pink & Gray/Black in a card. Normally I don't find time to do these challenges but today I was inspired by the colors and decided to make a card using them and lots and lots of layers.


The stamps and pink card stock and the pattern paper used on this card are all from Gina. K. Designs. I added some more sponging of pink ink to the pattern paper to make it a bit brighter. And, the gray card stock is unknown but it has tiny flecks of glitter which are embedded so they don't rub off. I did the test on it and no problem at all.

The stamp set I used from Gina K. Designs is one of my favorites as not only does it have such a beautiful floral image but it has awesome little sentiments to go with it. It is called One In A Million. I stamped the image with Versafine Smokey Gray ink. Then I colored in the image with Marvy Le Plume water based markers. In each petal of the flowers I took and added some white ink with a white gel pen, I added gray pearls to the centers of the flowers. On the center narrow panel of layered papers I added white pearls.

I am entering this card in the Mix It Up Monday Stamp TV challenge in which we are to use seven layers or more. I am also adding my card to the Midweek Throwdown Challenge.

Thanks for looking. And, I love all the wonderful comments you leave.

God bless,
Verna

13 comments:

Brenda said...

Gorgeous!!!

Erika said...

Very pretty card and I love all the layers.

Rose Hackman said...

I love how you matted the pearl element too. Great idea, and beautiful card!

Carolynn said...

Great layers and pearls-- so pretty!

Judy Woodland said...

Now that's a lot of layers - great take on the challenge. Love gray and pink together, and your flowers are so cute. Also love the pearls. Really great card!

Unknown said...

Beautiful!!!!

Unknown said...

Very Pretty. again. Grey and pink make such a gorgeous colour combo.

Cherie said...

I love those bright pink flowers and the touch of elegance with the pearls!

Kristie said...

Very nice card. I love all the pink and black layers providing such great contrast. Thanks for sharing!

craftysahmiam said...

What a stunning pink and gray card ! What a lovely finishing touch with the row of pearls on it's own layered papers.

Barbara Bruder said...

Verna, WOW I love this card. The layout and layering and those flowersare great!! I think that pink & black just pops. And I like that pearl accent. What a great card.

Peanut said...

I'm not big on pink but this combo is stunning. The smokey grey is perfect to tone down the vibrant pink. End result = an elegant card!.
xxx Asha

Vicki Dutcher said...

Look at you going all layered up! Great job~

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...