Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pink & Gray

Today the Midweek Throwdown Color Challenge at Operation Write Home was to use the colors of Pink & Gray/Black in a card. Normally I don't find time to do these challenges but today I was inspired by the colors and decided to make a card using them and lots and lots of layers.


The stamps and pink card stock and the pattern paper used on this card are all from Gina. K. Designs. I added some more sponging of pink ink to the pattern paper to make it a bit brighter. And, the gray card stock is unknown but it has tiny flecks of glitter which are embedded so they don't rub off. I did the test on it and no problem at all.

The stamp set I used from Gina K. Designs is one of my favorites as not only does it have such a beautiful floral image but it has awesome little sentiments to go with it. It is called One In A Million. I stamped the image with Versafine Smokey Gray ink. Then I colored in the image with Marvy Le Plume water based markers. In each petal of the flowers I took and added some white ink with a white gel pen, I added gray pearls to the centers of the flowers. On the center narrow panel of layered papers I added white pearls.

I am entering this card in the Mix It Up Monday Stamp TV challenge in which we are to use seven layers or more. I am also adding my card to the Midweek Throwdown Challenge.

Thanks for looking. And, I love all the wonderful comments you leave.

God bless,
Verna

13 comments:

Brenda said...

Gorgeous!!!

Erika said...

Very pretty card and I love all the layers.

Rose Hackman said...

I love how you matted the pearl element too. Great idea, and beautiful card!

coco said...

Great layers and pearls-- so pretty!

Judy Woodland said...

Now that's a lot of layers - great take on the challenge. Love gray and pink together, and your flowers are so cute. Also love the pearls. Really great card!

Debbie Caldwell said...

Beautiful!!!!

Shari M said...

Very Pretty. again. Grey and pink make such a gorgeous colour combo.

Cherie said...

I love those bright pink flowers and the touch of elegance with the pearls!

Kristie said...

Very nice card. I love all the pink and black layers providing such great contrast. Thanks for sharing!

heather said...

What a stunning pink and gray card ! What a lovely finishing touch with the row of pearls on it's own layered papers.

Barbara Bruder said...

Verna, WOW I love this card. The layout and layering and those flowersare great!! I think that pink & black just pops. And I like that pearl accent. What a great card.

Asha said...

I'm not big on pink but this combo is stunning. The smokey grey is perfect to tone down the vibrant pink. End result = an elegant card!.
xxx Asha

Vicki Dutcher said...

Look at you going all layered up! Great job~

Final Card

This is my last project I did for the 2017 Winter Coffee Lovers Blog Hop . My card is a very CAS design but I still love it. I am posting th...