Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Shades of Brown

I decided to again enter the Mix It Up Monday challenge at StampTV in which we were challenged to use at least three shades of brown. I must admit I was a bit hesitant about such an assignment but the end results of this card was pleasantly surprising to me. I hope you like what I did too!


For this card I chose images from the Gina K. Designs Flowers Bloom set by Rupa Shevde. I love those silhouette stamps and when this challenge was posted I knew I wanted to use them. I also used dies from the Spellbinder Nestabilities Opulent Ovals set. I lightly sponged on some Kraft dye ink on each oval to give it a bit more dimension.

I incorporated ivory card stock for my card as that was considered a brown according to the challenge post. Other colors I used were Gina K. Designs Warm Cocoa, and Dark Chocolate. Inks used on the card were Gina K. Designs Warm Cocoa, Dark Chocolate and Kraft. 

I popped the two layers of oval die cuts and also the sentiment. My ribbon was made using my Craft-DeebowZ bow maker. I love that tool and found it to be the only way I could make a decent bow. I finished by adding some light brown pearl flower gems in each corner of the card.

Here is the inside of the card. I tried to tie the inside and outside designs together. I stamped off the flower image on scrap paper to make it lighter before I added it over the sentiment.


Well, I sure appreciate all who come by and look at what I have added to my blog. I don't know if I will get many more creative things done this week as I am pretty busy these days. Thanks for looking though!

 And thank the Lord.....it is warmer. In the middle 70's and so therefore, I finally planted my flowers. I hope the frost is well gone until Fall now.

God bless,
Verna




7 comments:

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful, Verna. The die cut is the perfect frame for that beautiful vase of flowers.

Darnell said...

I'm with you when it comes to brown, Verna, but sometimes - like with your card - using it in a monochromatic way makes it really lovely! I think the use of the different shades gives it a lot of depth. Have fun with your busy stuff! It's that time of year when we are all enjoying some outdoor time and gardening. Hugs, Darnell

Judy Woodland said...

Love, love, love this Verna. Great use of that stamp set, and the browns are gorgeous. Well done, my dear!

Peanut said...

Beautiful! Truly beautiful, Verna. All the right shades of brown make an elegant card. Love that you did the inside too. Happy planting!
hugs, Asha

Unknown said...

Absolutely love it. Think those dies are going on a wish list. :)

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

Verna, what a lovely monochromatic design! It's simply elegant. I really dig the inside with the sentiment over the leaf.

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Fenny said...

This is great Verna, you made a wonderful card

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...