Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Especially For You!

Oh, my! I had so much fun doing the one layer cards that I had to try my hand at it again. This time I used an incentive stamp duo set from Gina K. Designs which I acquired with a qualifying order.  I love that set very much too and can see all sorts of ways to make use of it.


I blocked off the pink edges with Post-It notes and left an empty white space in between. I then sponged on the pink colors. Then I over stamped onto the pink and white with the flower image. Using Copic markers I colored in the flowers. Once this was done I took a black Copic and made a faux layer and then finished the card by adding black specks with a texture brush.

I am entering this in the Mix It Up Monday challenge at Stamp TV.

Thanks for looking and I hope you were a little inspired. Have a great week.

God bless,
Verna

7 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

Oh, I always get inspired when I look at your cards and read your blog. You NEVER disappoint. This is just so pretty. I love your colors, and the way you have used that stamp all over the card. Beautifully done!!

Olga Moore said...

So soft and pretty, Verna! I love that stamp and how you colored all those beautfiul flowers. Very nicely done!

Darnell said...

You make really magnificent one-layer cards, Verna, and that is a huge accomplishment! A lot of stampers find the OLC to be the most difficult card style to make - you make it look easy!! Hugs, Darnell

Rushd Lady said...

Pretty! :)

Brenda said...

pretty in pink :) beautiful card

Unknown said...

Wow, that is sneaky...at first glance it does look layered! Very clever, Verna. I like it. What's a texture brush, that you made those specks with so nicely? Always interested in new tools. HA.
Very nice colors, and design. Lovely card for mailing. Nice job. TFS!

Unknown said...

Awesome idea. Love what you did here.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...