Thursday, May 15, 2014

Triple Time Stamping

I tried a triple time stamped card and I think I did it correctly. At any rate it was a challenge for a bit but I think I finally nailed it. It is good to try new things I guess. I think I had done a triple time stamped card once before so I guess it is not completely new to me.

For my panels I had a set of A2 size dies from Cheery Lynn Designs which had graduating panel sizes and they worked wonderfully. The smallest panel was done in white and then I had the next size panel in the navy. I followed up with the third size larger panel in white and again the next panel in the navy. I repeated the next size panel in white and that in turn was added to the base card.

All the white panels I lined up with equal margins and applied a tiny bit of adhesive to the back to hold them together. Once they were aligned up, I then stamped my design as if it were a single layer panel. When they were taken apart, I then glued them to the darker panel and was careful to try and align them in sync.


For my color choices I used navy, denim blue and turquoise. I was inspired by the colors of the gems I had received recently in a prize package so I decided they would work well together. As you can see the colors in the jewels line in the center do match quite well.

The fleur di lis images are from the Gina K. Designs set called Fleur Di Lis and is illustrated by Beth Silaika. Not only are the fleur di lis images from that set but the sentiment is as well. After assembling all the layers together, I then added the jewels and the ribbon. Since I used a navy/white duplex card stock for my card there was no need to line the inside with white.



My plans are to use this as a graduation card but I think it is a design that would work for many special occasions. I also think the fleur di lis images work for both a feminine or masculine card. This particular one will be for a young man.

I am entering this card in the Mod Squad Blog Challenge for this week in which we are challenged to make a triple time stamped card.

Have a great rest of the week everyone. I love hearing from you too and I appreciate each and every comment left on my blog.

God bless,
Verna

11 comments:

Judy Inukai said...

Very cool card. I love how you used the fleur de lis in the triple stamping technique.

Judy Woodland said...

What a great take on this challenge Verna. Using your nesting rectangle dies to get the right sizes is genius. I love your color palette here and your design is just awesome. And of course the bling - absolutely gorgeous. Just a beautiful, well done card! Thanks for playing along with the Mod Squad this week.

Brenda said...

Lovely - and you've moved on from pink to blue :)

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Verna! I have missed you dearly, and boy-oh-boy! have you ever been busy, creating beautiful cards using an assortment of techniques! Love your pink farm below, and the pretty flowers - your poppin' black looks amazing - they are all pretty. I wondered about Rubber Cottage because recently they had a 75% off sale on all their mounted stamps. Not sure what the scoop is - did you find out? This layered piece of artwork is beautiful! Thanks for sharing your pretty cards! hugs, de

Darnell said...

It looks really good to me, Verna, as do all the cards I've caught up on since my last visit! I think I might have done one of these triple-time stamps before, too, but years ago. It's on my list to try again! Hugs, Darnell

Rushd Lady said...

Hi! Nice card -- love the fleur di lis. Would be good for those family crests my hubby has been crafting. By the way, I was looking for a search engine on your blog. I wanted to know if you have used any Posh stamps recently to create a card?

Sharyn Polesel said...

Beautiful card.....great colors!

Unknown said...

Hi Verna. Another great card. Would never have thought to put the navy and denim together for some reason. Looks great. !!

Unknown said...

Wow Verna, I love this card!! Your design is just beautiful!!!

Karen Hightower said...

Verna, I love your card. The colors are wonderful, and all those pretty jewels….. :)

Peanut said...

Another fabulous card, Verna. The colours are gorgeous ... LOVE the blues. I've neglected this technique... must try again.
hugs, Asha

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...