Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Birthday Garden

I was looking at my flowers in the yard again today and so I decided to create a card with lots of flowers on them. So far my daisies are not blooming but I imagined them to be and in lots more colors then I really have. It is fun to let your imagination go sometimes when you create on paper and I tried to pick some glorious colors for my imaginary garden.


I chose to use the daisy image from the CAS-UAL Fridays stamp set called Truth Is and also the sentiment is from the CAS-UAL Fridays stamp set called Casual Elegance. I stamped all the images with black Versafine ink and colored them in with my Zig water color pens. After all were colored I sponged on some light blue to look like a sky background.

This card will be entered in the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge
Mod Squad Blog Challenge

Also I took some more photos of my flowers that are in bloom now. First up is my double red peonies which always bloom later then the rest. I think it is because they are more in the shade and therefore bloom later and do not get very many buds on. This year I only had four on the plant.

I also took some photos of my tiger lilies. I only have a few of them and they are the orange colored ones. But I still think they are pretty.

Well, that is it for me. You have a great evening.

God bless, Verna





9 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

Your flowers are so beautiful. My peonies are just starting to bloom. They are that soft pink color, and I love them. But yours are just spectacular. Also spectacular is your card. I am all about color, and your card does the trick for me for sure. It's plain 'ole gorgeous!!!

Unknown said...

LOVE your field of beautiful and colorful wild flowers! FANTASTIC! That's a really pretty stamp and I love the way you colored them, so very pretty! WOW! I am impressed with your peonies! I have one small bunch, transplanted them a couple of weeks ago--I know they hate that! But I do have one big bud coming on strong--I am thankful! lol Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Mod Squad Challenge Donna, Challenge Host.

Barbara said...

Loved your beautiful flowers both on your card and in your garden.

Peanut said...

A perfect match to the flowers in your garden. So lovely!
x Asha

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely flower card. Your REAL flowers are beautiful!!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Very fun and summery card! I love your real flowers too. My peonies are all done by now, it got a bit hot for a few days.

Unknown said...

Very "springy" card, sure to give someone a smile.

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful cards! Lovely flowers both in your garden and on your colorful card! Hugs, de

Macarena said...

Oh I love the bouquet and lovethis stamp as well. Great colors! Thank you for joining us over at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! Hugs, Marzena

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...