Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Pretty in Purple

I had no plans to make any more cards this week but we found out we will need a sympathy card in a few days and if I have company I know I won't find much creative time so I thought I better do one up quickly today. I used a new stamp set from Penny Black called The Unfolding. And, I went with purple as then I can add it to the Cheery Lynn Designs Blog Challenge .


I used my MISTI and colored the image in with Zig Markers and repeated this until I was satisfied with the colors. I also spritzed just a bit of water on the stamp so the colors would blend more. This was stamped onto glossy card stock and then I diecut it with a Cheery Lynn Designs rectangle die.

I also added the sentiment from Inspired by Stamping from the Big Sympathy stamp set. I used Gina K. Designs black ink to stamp that. I decided this panel needed more layers so I added a thin layer of green card stock which I fussy cut to the size I wanted.

On the main card of lavendar card stock I added the Large Window frame die as a contrast design. And, over this layer I added the focal image panel. The last step was to add some rhinestone gems.


The Cheery Lynn Designs dies used:

A2 Frame Die Large Window FRM113
Card Maker's Stacker's Nesting Dies ST014 A2 size

Well, I need to get back to my cleaning for the company over the Fourth and beyond. It was so nice of you to leave such wonderful comments too. I love every one of them.

God bless,
Verna

17 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hello, Verna! I am sorry you are needing sympathy cards. They are never fun to make but you have made this one beautifully! Love your Zig watercolouring - these colours really pop! I like your placement of gems too!

Darnell said...

Oh, wow, Verna! This is my new favorite card of yours! The design and vibrant watercolor effect is just gorgeous! Have fun with your company over the Fourth! Hugs, Darnell

Barbara said...

This is an awesome sympathy card. Less is often more when making a card like this and your flowers cascade is just right. Have a happy holiday and enjoy your company.

Judy Woodland said...

This is so pretty, I love the Zigs and water spritzing. Really gorgeous!!! Great background too. Just an awesome sympathy card!!!

Kathy Krug said...

The flower is amazing. Love the little squares backdrop. Great card.

Unknown said...

WOW! This is really beautiful! The spritzing really adds such an artistic flavor to this pretty card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Your flowers are gorgeous in the blues!

Rosy Newlun said...

Oh, Verna, what an amazing painted card! I love purples! I'm sorry you are needing a sympathy card, but this here is frame-worthy! Can we paint on glossy cardstock? I thought it would bubble up, warp or smear. I had no idea. Thank you for your inspiration. Truly gorgeous card!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Sympathy card.

Karen Dunbrook said...

so beautiful mf and perfect for a sympathy card.
hugs,
K

A splash of color said...

What a nice card. You always do such a great job. I love the purple and the window die tops it off nicely.

Donna Ellis said...

Very lovely, Verna, and very loving as well. It's a beautiful card. There is something quite soothing and peaceful with watercolor techniques. Your card will be deeply felt and appreciated by the recipient. love, de

Juliz Design Post said...

Beautiful sympathy card Verna which oozes elegance. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.
Julie x

Peanut said...

Sympathy cards are the hardest to make. That's a lovely card, Verna.
x Asha

Bonnie Garby said...

Beautiful card Verna! I love that stamp you used too. Thanks so much for participating in the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge this week and good luck.

Jenny Alia said...

Lovely! Thanks so much for joining in the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge and good lucK!

Virginia said...

This is a beautiful card and great addition to our challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at Cheery Lynn Designs. Huggs from Ginny at Polly's Paper Studio.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...