Monday, June 20, 2016

Stacked Cups

I made another card for the  Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop in which I brought out an old stacked cup image from the Stampendous line and some older pattern paper that I had in my stash and combined them with some dies to make a quick card.


I colored the images in with Zig Water Color pens and then took a brush and water to soften the cups somewhat and blend and also filled in the background areas. I stamped a sentiment from Gina K. Designs and then die cut the focal image with a Die-namics Wonky Stitched Oval die from My Favorite Things.  I then layered that onto a purple layer cut with a classic oval die from Spellbinders.

My ivory card base was covered with pattern paper from the Die Cuts With A View Latte Stack paper pack. The purple oval die layer was also from this same paper pack.

After all was assembled I then added some light purple rhinestone gems to the focal image.

Thanks for stopping in and checking out what I have done. I so appreciate all your comments.

God bless,
Verna

33 comments:

Beverley said...

So pretty, a simply beautiful creation. Hugs Bev (Uniko) x

Kraftyaunt said...

Very nice. I like the color combinations!

Ceal said...

So pretty, love the colors

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Great color combination, and design paper...beautiful card.

StampingbugKerry said...

Such pretty blue cups. Love how they have that bleeding look like the real antique cups with that design.

Becca Yahrling said...

Very pretty card. Love those cups, reminds me of Dresden china.

SewPaperPaint said...

I totally love this elegant stack of cups on your beautiful card!

Patti said...

Just the sweetest cups ever! and I love your design : )

Patti

Lisa said...

So beautiful! That's a stamp you don't let go of for sure!

Ina G said...

So warm and inviting Verna on a cold wintery day here. Lovely background and of course my favourite colour.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Wow, so beautiful

New Creations said...

Very pretty, love the color and papers!

Gail said...

Such a lovely card!

Unknown said...

Just lovely! I adore that Designer Paper (I think I may have it....lol)

Sylvia said...

What a sweet card, Verna! Happy Tuesday!

Unknown said...

What a cute card for a coffee lover. Great idea

Olga Moore said...

Such a pretty card, Verna! Love the cups image and the background paper.

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow! Such a lovely card!

Kathy Krug said...

Love the stacked cups and the paper is so pretty.

Ann said...

Lovely blue and white cups. Sweet card.

DIANA L. said...

Super sweet card Verna the blue cups are so inviting
Thank you for your inspiration!!. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.

DL.ART
DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Judy Woodland said...

What an adorable stamp, I have not seen it before. I love your design and patterned papers. Really sweet card!

Migdalia said...

This is really sweet!!

~amy~ said...

LOVE the blue cups and the scattered sequins!

Michele K. Henderson said...

Beautiful card! I love those sparkling sequins!

Krafty Kaylin said...

elegant card

Doudou said...

Beautiful card!

Helen F. said...

Beautiful card!

Hetty said...

Such a pretty card.

Donna Ellis said...

I'm in love with your Stampendous image, Verna! Very delicate on your beautiful card! Hugs, de

Suchi said...

So fun and cool!! :)Suchi xx

Helen Gullett said...

Lovely card!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hi, Verna! I'm your newest follower! Love your teacup stack - pretty blue pattern! Would love for you to follow me too (if you want to!). I make a lot of cat and critter cards - those are my favourites!
http://ktdesigns2013.blogspot.ca/

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...