Thursday, June 16, 2016

Butterfly Anniversary

Just for fun I decided to work with the fabulous butterfly die I purchased a few months ago from Memory Box. I sure love that die. And, I made it into an anniversary card because as as far as I know there are no weddings this year but there will be anniversaries.


I had a panel all done up on Tim Holtz water color paper which used the Color Bursts water Color granules in shades of red, yellow and orange. I always think those are great colors together. And, since with the blending they sort of drifted into a little pink I decided to die cut the butterflies from pink card stock.

My base card is ivory and I also stamped the sentiment from Gina K Designs on ivory card stock with red ink. I die cut that with a scalloped circle die from Cheery Lynn Designs and then I cut another scalloped circle in red with the same size. I put the two together and off set them a bit so that a smidgen of the red showed behind the ivory one creating a shadow effect. I then popped the sentiment up.

Along the edge of the butterfly pink panel I added a red card stock double scalloped border from a Cheery Lynn Designs Die. The last step on my card was to add rhinestones to the center of the butterfly and also on the sentiment area.


I just love these colors together and they remind me of hot sizzling days too! And, although we had a brief cool down here we are slowly building up towards the 90 degree mark again. So the sizzlin' summer heat is in session once again. LOL

Dies used:
Memory Box Reverse Butterfly Collage Style No. 99145

Cheery Lynn Designs XM Scalloped Circle XM-5
Cheery Lynn Designs Double Scalloped Border B465

This card will be entered in the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday Challenge
Dies R Us Challenge
Cheery Lynn Designs Blog Challenge
Mod Squad Blog Challenge
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Crop Stop Linky Party

Well, have a great evening and I hope you are keeping cool!

God bless,
Verna

21 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

So beautiful with the bright colors and rhinestones! Fabulous design, Miss Verna! Xo

Judy Woodland said...

This is just stunning, from the beautifully colored butterflies, right down to that cute heart made out of gems on the circle with the greeting. I love everything about this card, well done!

Judy Woodland said...

Oh, and great take on the challenge! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at the Mod Squad!!!

Ina G said...

Oh Verna this is simply stunning. Love the dies layout and colours you chose. Just gorgeous.

Shona Erlenborn said...

Simply beautiful! Love the gorgeous summery colors - like sherbet ice cream! Great use of the die and the colorburst panel.

Barbara said...

Love the bright colors that remind you of summer. I hope that my last card for the Mod Squad challenge inspired you for this one. Tee hee! Using dies this way is so unique.

Unknown said...

This is really beautiful! LOVE that die and the way you designed your card, such beautiful colors too!

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful treatment of the die. The colors behind are so pretty and the rhinestones finish the card perfectly.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Verna, the butterflies are beautiful and I love the bright summery colours, very pretty :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Patti said...

Wow!! Memory Box Butterflies are the BEST! I just got one for my birthday : ) I love this one and how you used it but especially your stunning coloring! : )

Patti

Peanut said...

These dies are amazing... and I'm really into these hot fiery colours at the moment.
x Asha

Vicki Dutcher said...

Beautiful use of the negative cuts!

laurie said...

Those butterflies are gorgeous! I love all the gems too. Thanks for playing along at Dies R Us!

Unknown said...

Wow Verna. Turned out gorgeous.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Awesome die, but really awesome card!

Juliz Design Post said...

Wow Verna, absolutely stunning card. Love it. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.
Julie x

Jenny Alia said...

Great colors and design. Thanks for joining us at the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge and good luck!

Bonnie Garby said...

What a beautiful and vibrant card Verna! Thanks so much for participating in the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge this week and good luck.

Lisa said...

Beautiful and fun cheerful card! Thanks for joining us this week with Cheery Lynn Designs!

Barbara Bruder said...

WOW this is gorgeous.Love it.

Aileen said...

Wow love this card Verna, always love butterfly cards but love the colours you can glimpse behind the butterflies. Perfect

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...