Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Embossed Border Christmas

I bought an embossing folder from Stampin' Up called Boughs & Berries which is manufactured by Sizzix and decided that I would use it on some of my Christmas cards. It is a very pretty border design. I am going to enter this card I made in the Crop Stop Linky Party #17 challenge. Hopefully, it will be a qualifying design.


I used stamps from Altenew for the sentiment and also for the holly. I first stamped the sentiment from the Lyrical Script set with a rainbow ink pad from Kaleidacolor called Fruitcake. Then I took a Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen and went over it to add some shimmer. Next I cut this out with a Die-Namics die from My Favorite Things called Wonky Stitched Rectangles,  And using the same die I also cut a red rectangle out for an extra framed layer for the sentiment. I then added these to the embossed card front.

My last step was to take the holly leaves from the Altenew Poinsettia & Pine set and stamp them with black Versafine ink. I then took my Spectrum Noir Sparkle pens and colored the leaves which made them shimmer with a sparkle look. I then fussy cut these out and popped them up over the corner of the sentiment. My last step was to add three red rhinestones for the berries.


I am also entering it in the Word Art Wednesday Blog challenge as well.

Thanks for checking in again. I am always happy when I get another Christmas card done as I still have a long, long ways to go before I get at least 90 completed. A few each week and I might make it by Thanksgiving. That is my goal at least.

You have a great day and God bless,
Verna

10 comments:

kittykat3308 said...

This card is beautiful. I love the different colors in the script.

Kathleen

Unknown said...

Oh that is a great embossed border, really lets you show off your focal images and/or sentiments! Another fantastic Christmas card! Love the holly and all of your sparkle!

Joyce Erb said...

Wonderful card and pretty sentiment

Judy Woodland said...

Such a pretty card. I love the clean and simple lines, and that embossing is just perfect here.

Shona Erlenborn said...

This is a beauty Verna! The embossing really pops and the sparkly sentiment is wonderful - hadn't heard about the sparkle pens. Love the finishing touch of the holly.

Patti said...

Oh this is merry and bright!! I love the wonderful EF you used!!

I hope you are enjoying a wonderful summer so far!

Patti

Kathy Krug said...

Fabulous CAs design. Love the embossing folder and the sparkle you added.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Pretty card - the embossed white bg looks awesome

Unknown said...

Very pretty. Super idea to sparkle .

Peanut said...

Simple yet oh so elegant.
x Asha

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...