Friday, June 3, 2016

Come Ye Faithful

The Wednesday Challenge at Simon Says was to do masking. I chose to make a Christmas card and I used Altenew Stamps for my design. I also colored my image in with Zig water color markers and fussy cut them out.


I am a real fan of poinsettias so of course, I had to use the image from the Altenew Poinsettia & Pine set. I masked the poinsettia off using Post-It notes and then added the holly leaves and the pine needles. It was then ready to color with my Zigs.

I used the sentiment from the Altenew Lyrical Script set with this card. I just love the big bold sentiments and I know they will be used on many of my Christmas cards this year.

I die cut a panel of white and red with the Memory Box Cross Stitched Frame Borders Style No. 99124 and layered them onto the base card of white. Next I added the cut image over the top of those two frames. My last step was to add some yellow and green rhinestone gems to the card.


This card will be entered in the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge-Mask It
Scrapy Land Blog Challenge-Anything Goes

Thanks for looking and of course for all the lovely comments. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

God bless,
Verna

12 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

Beautiful......you have colored that poinsettia perfectly, and I love that it shines as the focal on this card. Very pretty!!

Unknown said...

Another beauty! Love that poinsettia! You'll have all your Christmas cards done before I even start! Merry Merry!

Donna Ellis said...

How beautiful, especially with the dancing sparkle of the sequins! Your poinsettia is very pretty, Verna, and the coloring is fantastic! hugs, de

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful card,Verna. I love the coloring and framing of the poinsettia.

Unknown said...

Very pretty. Poinsettias are such a beautiful plant

kittykat3308 said...

Just beautiful. I love it

Kathleen

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super pretty card!

Samra said...

Gorgeously elegant make! Thank you for joining Scrapy Land challenge with this beauty.
Samra DT
Paper Talk with Samra

sarascloset said...

Gorgeous Christmas card! Love the poinsettia! Thank you for joining Scrapy Land for the Anything Goes challenge. Hugs! Sara Emily Guest Dt

Darnell said...

The bold sediment and the Ziggie-colored poinsettia make this a glorious Christmas card, Verna! I love your design!! Hugs, Darnell

jenn shurkus said...

beautiful holiday card!! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!

Peanut said...

What a striking colour combo! Gorgeous!
x Asha

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...