Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Dahlia Congratulations

There is a new Altenew Inspiration Challenge and I decided I wanted to join in and try to capture the essence of the photo. I hope I succeeded. First I will post my card and then I will post the inspiration photo. I am also entering this in the Mod Squad Blog Challenge in which Altenew is one of the sponsors this week.



And this is the photo I was inspired by.

photo inspiration challenge_June_2

I chose to use the flowers from the Altenew Dahlia Blossoms set and the sentiments were from the Altenew Painted Greetings set. The lower dahlia image was popped  up. In the corner I used a Sizzx die from the Tim Holtz Alterations Collection and it is called Mixed Media 660220. I also used some green rhinestones in a darker and lighter color to add some bling and glitz to the card.


Pattern paper from My Favorite Things Subtle Plaids paper pack was added inside and then I topped it off with a die cut from Cheery Lynn Designs called B465 Double Scalloped Border. The paper has yellow and two shades of green in it but for some reason it shows more blue then green. I also added another sentiment inside too.


And, once again I have included a photo of the card in a flat position so that perhaps you can see more of the details. I love how the pattern paper shows through the die cut.


The Tim Holtz dies are a new acquisition and I was dying to try them out. I figured today was as good a time as any. I hope you approve of my congratulatory card design. I know I am happy with it.

Well, time to work on the evening meal again. If I didn't have to cook I could perhaps make more cards. But I do love to eat too. If  you were to see me you would know I was telling the truth with that statement. LOL

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a good evening.

God bless,
Verna

11 comments:

Barbara said...

Love your take on this challenge. The design paper that you used to show through the hexagon die, really match so well with the rest of the card. Nice touch to use the sequins. You could add this to the Mod Squad challenge this week.

Barbara said...

Oops, I see that you did enter in the MSC. Great!

A splash of color said...

What a beautiful die for the background inside to show through.. terrific idea.. I'll have to check out Tim Holtz dies. Lovely card.

Kari D said...

So pretty! WONDERFUL layout and I LOVE that corner die. You are right, so pretty to see the DP showing through.

Karen Dunbrook said...

so beautiful...love the cut away in the corner!
hugs,
K

Judy Woodland said...

LOVE that you used the Mixed Media die, don't you just love that set? I got #2 as well and it's just as nice. Your card is beautiful with the plaid from the inside showing through. Your flowers are beautiful as well, can't wait to play the Altenew Challenge...great inspiration. Well done on both challenges!!!

Unknown said...

Verna, this is STUNNING! You captured the Altenew Challenge perfect as well as our Mod Squad one! This is such a delightful card. LOVE your Dahlias and that hexagon cut-a-way with that pretty pattern paper beneath--GORGEOUS! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Mod Squad Challenge Donna, Challenge Host.

Unknown said...

Wow, Gorgeous card and the die cut is a plus on it.

Dawn S. said...

Beautiful card! I love that Tim Holtz die and you have used it perfectly!

Johanna said...

Beautiful!!

Peanut said...

WOW! What an elegant card, Verna.
x Asha

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...