Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Happy Birthday USA!

I made a birthday card for the USA and I decided I wanted to make mine into a flag design.


The pattern paper with all those stars looked like a great celebration design for the USA's birthday. It is from the Liberty Collection from BoBunny, It was layered onto red card stock which in turn was added to the base card of white.

I took the Gina K. Designs swipe image from the Tiny Textures set and stamped it twice in red ink leaving a space of white between the two. I then cut it out with a rectangle die from Cheery Lynn Designs. This was then layered onto the middle of the pattern paper panel. The final touch was to take a square of navy blue inked white card stock and place that in the upper left corner of the swipes. This was the mini canvas layer for the Candi star paper embellishments which I glued on with mini glue dots.


It was an idea I dreamed up when sleep eluded me and so in the morning I put the idea on paper and I really like the look. Afterwards I thought maybe each swipe should have been masked off with a couple paper strips to create more stripes but I like it this way too.

Thanks for stopping in. I am now going back to cleaning mode. I hope all of you are having a good day.

God bless,
Verna

7 comments:

Judy Woodland said...

Well this is genius!!! I am pinning. Love that you get inspired when you can't sleep....same thing happens to me. Funny how our brains immediately go to stamping....LOL. Happy birthday, USA - do you have the address, I would like to send her a card myself..... :-D

Julia Aston said...

what a festive patriotic card! love the star 'buttons'? or are they brads - perfect for your flag stars!

Donna Ellis said...

Lovin' the colors used the way you have, Verna! It's an amazing flag, and a sure representation of freedom! love, de

Patti said...

Ooooooh! another wonderful patriotic card! : ) I love it when card ideas come to me in bed! : )

Patti

Unknown said...

How oool. Really like this one Verna. Today is our day here, but no card made.

Karen Dunbrook said...

cool card mf...Have a great wknd.
hugs,
K

Peanut said...

This is a very clever card, Verna... perfectly patriotic.
x Asha

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...