Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Coffee Sleigh

Another digi freebie offered at the Winter Coffee Lovers Hop for 2016 was this cute sleigh image from Stamplorations carrying a gift and cups of various coffee products. I just had to grab that and use it for a card design. And on the side bar is the badge telling you the dates of the hop in case you want to join in on the fun. Lots of great prizes and lots of freebies too!


First I printed out the sleigh image on white layering weight card stock and then colored in the image with Bic Mark-It markers. Next I made a mask to cover up the snowy areas and then sponged on some light blue dye ink for the sky. Using the Pine Tree stamp set from Altenew which is a two step process, I stamped the pine trees onto the scene. Then I die cut the scene out with the Memory Box Cross Stitched Frame Border die.


The sentiment is from the same Altenew Pine Trees set so I used that for the greeting in the snowy area. This scene was then added to a base card of red card stock. And, inside I added some white paper to which I can write a message or stamp another sentiment.

I will also be entering this into the Stamplorations Never Ending Anything Goes Challenge.


Well, I must say since I cannot do any baking as my freezer is full at the moment, that I have had so much fun making Christmas cards. I am hoping these will be a start of my stash for next season. Only thing I did was cover some pretzels with almond bark one day and maybe I will leave the cookies until the grandsons from Japan arrive to help me with them.

Thanks for all the lovely comments as well. I read each and every one of them.

God bless,
Verna


28 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Very festive card!

Ceal said...

love the bright colors, so fun!

Marsha said...

This is so cute, Verna. Love how you used the coffee sleigh in a scene.

Macimbalo said...

I love your card Verna! Such a cute scene!

Michele K. Henderson said...

I think a coffee sleigh is a pretty great idea! I love the color!
Holiday Hugs!
Michele

SugarGem said...

Everyone needs a coffee sleigh! Cute

Unknown said...

Now that's what I call a special delivery! YUM! Super cute image, great Christmas card!

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a unique and creative card. You're really rocking the coffee theme!

Jerrie said...

Fantastic card using one of my favorites...STAMPlorations! Love your winter scene!

MaryAnn Samuelson said...

I love the use of the bright red card base it really makes your card pop, thank you for the inspiration

~amy~ said...

perfect, love your coloring Verna!

Judy1223 said...

Wow! I love how you colored this fun digi image! I wish that sled would glide up to my house! Love it!

Shelly said...

This is so pretty!

Judy Woodland said...

What a bright and cheery card. I love your coloring, and the trees are perfect. Really cute image, well done!

Kathy Krug said...

Ever since blogger changed I have been missing out on your posts. i see you have been very busy creating fun one of a kind Christmas cards. Fabulous design. I am going to sign up for e=mail on your blog so I won't miss out.

Sheri Gilson said...

Adorable card! Love the bright & cheery design!

Teri said...

Such a fun and festive card.

Arianna Barbara said...

Such a cute card!!!

Helen F. said...

Beautiful coloring on this fun image, Verna

Becca Yahrling said...

This is a wonderful design! Lovely.

Hetty said...

Great scene, wonderful card.

Fikreta said...

very nice!

Becca Cruger said...

This is soooo much fun! I'm convinced you must have used a color named "Holiday Cheer" to color this scene! Thanks for using STAMPlorations digi!

Lisa said...

Beautiful stamping and coloring! Love those trees! Fantastic card!

Helen Gullett said...

Verna, this is simply beautiful snowy scene... love your coloring on the sleigh.

SewPaperPaint said...

I just love how you used this image, stunning! Hugs, Autumn

Celeste Goff said...

What a beautiful card! Love that sled full of mugs!

KT Fit Kitty said...

This is so cute, Verna! I just snagged this digi this morning. I love the little scene you made!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...