Saturday, December 10, 2016

Naughty Doggy!

Hey! Good thing you are a cute doggy as that was Santa's coffee you stole. I hope you will still get something for Christmas as he may decide differently now that you have been naughty! And you are just sitting there and acting so innocent!

Hahaa! I just could not resist making this doggy image again and this time I made him as a naughty doggy. But hey! He knows a good cuppa Joe is awesome at least!

This is another card I am entering in the Winter Coffee Lovers Blog 2016 which is going on this week. You can see the dates you can enter by checking the badge on the side bar. I hope you can join the fun! You must use a winter theme for your cards or projects. Lots of fabulous prizes too!


I recently got a step card die from Cheery Lynn Designs and had to use that template to make a step card using their cute doggy image as well as the Christmas gifts. The tree is cut from pattern paper from Gina K. Designs. I thought it looked like there was light bulbs on the tree so figured it was a perfect design. The tree is cut from a die by My Favorite Things Die-Namics line. And the sentiment. red gingham paper and the cup are from Gina K. Designs. The star on top of the tree is actually a snowflake die.


I like that this type of card can fold flat and fit into an envelope and not need extra postage to mail it. I only made a couple of these but I am sure I will be doing more step cards in the future now that I have a die that makes the cutting so easy.


I am showing you a side view too so that you can see more of the fold details on the card design.


Dies used:
My Favorite Things Di-Namics: 788 Trim The Tree
CAS-UAL FRIDAYS Fri-Dies: Funky Flakes
Cheery Lynn Designs: Step Card Bundle Set #4-B587; Funny Dog CAFNN-2 and Whimsical Christmas B849.

I am also entering this in the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge-Red and Green and the Scrapy Land Challenge #55-Anything Goes.

Well, I am so glad for all the wonderful comments you leave and I want you to know I appreciate each and every one of them.

God bless,
Verna

28 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Cute!

Fikreta said...

wonderful card!

Ann said...

He is so cute, and I love that he is having a coffee. So cute. (Please don't respond to this comment, thanks)

Maria said...

Your dog is so cute holding the coffee cup! Lovely tree and presents,too!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Adorable! Such a cute little doggy - even though he is "naughty"! The lights on the tree work out perfectly. Great step card!

MaryAnn Samuelson said...

What a super cute and whimsical design for your card!! Thank you for the inspiration

~amy~ said...

what a FUN step card, super cute Verna!

Donna Ellis said...

LOL! Fun story, and the cutest ever card design, Miss Verna! Look at that sweet little poochie. I am sure someone else stole Santa's coffee and put it there - like a naughty elf. LOL You know that old adage from the cat -- BLAME THE DOG. LOL Your colors and traditional Christmas tree make your card extra sweet! I didn't even make any Christmas cards! (hanging head in shame) LOL

laurie said...

Verna, Verna!You are the queen at Funny Dog cards! I am loving this one. How cute he looks peeking out of the envelope too. "Naughty" dog...so very clever!!!

Teri said...

Very, very fun card.

Lisa said...

omg... what a cutie! Love your card!

Macimbalo said...

Another cute card!!!

Helen F. said...

What a fun and fabulous card :)

Unknown said...

OMGoodnees, can you actually imagine a puppy AND caffeine?!?! lol This is just FUN!!!

Hetty said...

Such an awsome stepcard. Cute doggie!

Becca Yahrling said...

This is simply darling! And I love the photo with the card in the envelope ... like the puppy is peeking out... cute!

Echo said...

Squee....I love dogs. Almost as much as I love coffee! Super cute card!

Arianna Barbara said...

Awww!!!! Absolutely cute!!!

Helen Gullett said...

Awww this is so adorable!

Amy Voorthuis said...

Aahhhwww I really love this fun card!!! Thank you so much for playing with us at Cheery Lynn Designs and the best of luck hugs Amy xox

Celeste Goff said...

What a sweet card and I love that fold in the card!

Unknown said...

Absolutely Adorable

D.Ann C said...

What a cute pup and I love the way he peeks out of the envelope!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!
Thanks for joining us at Scrapyland Challenge blog and Good Luck !
Maryvonne – DT member

Juliz Design Post said...

Adorable work Verna, love this such fun. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.
Julie x

Bonnie Garby said...

Adorable card Verna! Thanks so much for participating in the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge this week and good luck.

Jenny Alia said...

Such a fun card! Thanks so much for joining in the Cheery Lynn Challenge and good luck in the draw!

Cheryl Walker said...

Super CUTE!!!!Thank you for joining us at Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge this week!
Hugs
Cheryl

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...