Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Happy National Cocoa Day

I made a card especially for this day and once again used the free digital stamp from Jessica Lynn Originals called Marshmallow Snowman. I think that is such a cute image and this time I colored him with an older set of Stampin' Up! water color pencils. They were handy to get at so I went with that option!

This card will be also entered into the Winter Coffee Lovers Blog Hop for 2016 in which one is to make winter cards or projects using coffee, tea or hot cocoa themes. You can go with Christmas or Valentines or just put a bunch of snowflakes on your entry. But it should be a winter design. If you want to join in, there is still time and there are lots of great prizes given out. Also many of the sponsors have provided free digitals for your crafting pleasure too! The dates are listed on the badge on my side bar.


The pattern paper is from Gina K. Designs as is the card stock. The ribbon border die used on this card is one I saw at Kat's Scrappiness store and it is made by Gina Marie. I cut that from the same Red Velvet card stock that the red layer was done with. Both the pattern paper and the red layer were die cut with the Memory Box Cross Stitched Frame Border dies. The marshmallow snowman image was fussy cut and placed over all the layers.

Well, I must say I have enjoyed doing this coffee hop again. It is always nice to find inspiration and I am so enjoying seeing what others are doing with their entries too. I also appreciate all who have checked out my work and stopped in to comment.

God bless,
Verna

19 comments:

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

lovely card :)
cheers
preety

Ceal said...

Love that snowman, fun card!

Shelly said...

Such a fun card!

Arianna Barbara said...

Too sweet and funny!!!

~amy~ said...

Verna, love the blue + red combo! So perfect!

MaryAnn Samuelson said...

I love that lil digi and your did an excellent job with the colors to really make it super cute

Becca Yahrling said...

Sweetly colored.

Helen F. said...

Verna, your coloring on this cute image is wonderful!

Donna Ellis said...

Such an adorable image, Verna! Soooo sweet (pun intended). It's a darling card! Hugs, de

Teri said...

Love this color combo...and Marshmallow Man makes me laugh every time I see him!

SewPaperPaint said...

He is delightful! Amazing design! Hugs, Autumn

Unknown said...

Cute one. Know a few that would love a Marshmallow Man card.

Fikreta said...

very sweet

Hetty said...

Darling card.

Celeste Goff said...

What a fun and adorable card! Love that sweet little marshmallow man!

D.Ann C said...

I think I need to go make my marshmallows laugh by dunking them in some hot chocolate!! : )

KT Fit Kitty said...

OMGoodness, I love this digi! Your card is adorable and I love your bow die - I have this one too - I usually trim off the sides and just use the bow by itself.

Lisa said...

Oooh! Love this one! That bow is great!

Helen Gullett said...

So cute!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...