Sunday, December 11, 2016

First Coffee

Verve Stamps was so kind to give a free digital stamp set for the Winter Coffee Lovers Hop for 2016 but it is only available until the end of December. So if you are interested in entering a card design you can get this set to make beautiful coffee themed cards. It is called My Cup To Yours. I used a couple of the sentiments to make my card design. On the side bar is the badge showing the dates of the Coffee Hop in case you want to join in the fun.

 I normally don't use many digital stamps so I am not always sure I am using them correctly. But maybe if I do it more often I will learn a thing or two and gradually get to be more expert at it.


I had some scraps of plaid pattern paper left over from Stampin' Up! so I used that on a base card of light green. I added a ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon over the edge of the plaid before I added the sentiment which I die cut with a Cheery Lynn Designs classic circle die and then layered it onto another Cheery Lynn Designs die cut red circle. The last thing I added to my card front was a couple of stamped gifts which are from the My Favorite Things Trim the Tree stamp set. These were fussy cut and popped onto the circle.


I did not add any white paper inside the card as I thought the lighter green would work for adding a written message and still be quite clearly read.

Inside the card I added another sentiment from the Verve digital stamp set. But I layered it onto some of the red card stock first to give it a bit more finished looking.


Well, that is another of my winter coffee themed cards  and if I don't need these for sending out this year I am then happy to have a start on next year's cards. It seems no matter how soon I start I am always rushed right before Christmas.

Well, thank you so much for all your sweet comments. I love each and every one of them.

God bless,
Verna

24 comments:

Shelly said...

Oh, this is FABulous! How true is that sentiment?! ;)

Vicki Dutcher said...

So fun! Love the green too - the perfect sentiment :)

Ceal said...

How fun! Don't think the kids would let me have coffee first tho

laurie said...

Plaid is my fave..how sharp it looks with that free stamp!But I disagree...1st comes presents!! But then again, I am not a coffee drinker...LOL!

Fikreta said...

its wonderful card!

stampfoldandrepeat (Jeanie) said...

I have never tried a digital stamp before, but I think you are using it correctly. I love the designs and sentiments in this Verve digital stamp set and I am very tempted to try it one day. Thanks for sharing!

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

I am definitely in favor of the coffee first sentiment! Fun card!

Ann said...

This is so cute, love the plaid and presents. This is how my husband and I felt when our son was little. We always made sure we got up and had coffee made before he woke up on Christmas morning.

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous card! Love the plaid and the sentiment!

Macimbalo said...

Such a cute sentiment! Great card!

SugarGem said...

Sweet and cheery

Imke said...

Love your Card - the Plaid DP fits so great with this Kind of Images. Perfect for the Winter Coffee Lovers Blog Hop.

Unknown said...

I totally agree! Love how you 'wrapped' your card front as a present! Clever...and pretty!

MaryAnn Samuelson said...

you used one of my fav layouts for your card!! But in my house it is first coffee, then more coffee then maybe a nibble then coffee and then presents, LOL Thank you for sharing

~amy~ said...

haha...love that sentiment. That's totally me. Fun card Verna!

Helen F. said...

Super fun card, Verna!

Teri said...

I love this card!

Becca Yahrling said...

Your pretty card looks like a pretty wrapped present itself!

Arianna Barbara said...

Nice sentiment and card!!!

Hetty said...

Beautiful card, Verna.

Helen Gullett said...

What a sweet and beautiful CAS card, Verna!

Celeste Goff said...

Love this and that sentiment is awesome!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a striking card. Love that fabulous green plaid paper.

Sylvia said...

Verna, Love the plaid and the card. Sylvia D.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...