Friday, July 14, 2017

Focus On The Sentiment

This morning I took another panel I had worked up with Distress Oxide Inks and Gina K. Designs Cranberry Tart ink using a Poinsettia stencil from the Tim Holtz Mini Collection Set 19 and combined it with a sentiment from the Sparkle N Sprinkle Set 475 Holiday Foliage.


I had earlier done the water technique using the Distress Oxide Worn Lipstick and Cranberry Tart combination. First I sponged a coat of the Worn Lipstick and then added some of the Cranberry Tart. I thought the Cranberry Tart took too much of the lighter color away so I sponged over the top again with the Worn Lipstick and then used the stencil spritzed with water to make a patterned design. I placed a paper towel over the stencil and held it down so that the water would seep into the panel and create the more subtle poinsettia images. Then I dried the stencil off and then used it again to add just a bit of the stencil design here and there using the darker Cranberry Tart ink.


I just love that sentiment and font and decided to just stamp it with the Cranberry Tart. Next I took a Memory Box Cross Stitched Border Die to cut it out and added it to the card design. I thought the cross stitched design looked like a frame. The main colored panel of the card was die cut with a larger Memory Box cross stitched border die as well. All were added to a base card of white card stock.

I am entering this in the Mod Squad Blog Challenge for this week where we are to make the sentiment the focal point. I hope this works well for that challenge.

Well, I am so glad you are visiting and leaving such wonderful comments. I can tell you that working with the Distressed Oxide inks has been a pleasure and I am sure I will be doing many more things with them as I experiment with them. I wish all of you a pleasant weekend.

God bless,
Verna

14 comments:

Doreen said...

Beautiful,love the background.xxx

Shona Erlenborn said...

Such an elegant card Verna! Love the beautiful background.

Donna Phelan said...

Fabulous Christmas card.....love that sentiment it really makes a statement! Merry Merry!

I Brake For Stamps said...

Very pretty, Verna

Barbara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dawn S. said...

This is just beautiful! I love the colours, the background and the sentiment!!

Ina G said...

Absolutely stunning Verna. Love the bright colours and stenciling. Love the sentiment.

Barbara said...

I absolutely love this card. The background has so much depth in it, but it us still flat. That Distressed oxide and your technique are amazing. Thanks for sharing with us at the Mod Squad this week. Good luck and hope to see you again.

laurie said...

This is so elegant Verna! The background is gorgeous!

Judy Woodland said...

I love your colors here and I have pinned. Just beautiful.....and using the Oxides with regular inks is genius!!! Really pretty cards!

Darnell said...

You are continuing on a roll with the Oxi inks, Verna, and every background is more beautiful than the one before! I love that you are making them into gorgeous cards and not just setting them aside to pile up, like some folk do. Cough! Hugs, Darnell

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous red..love the look.
xx Karen

Unknown said...

Wow. Late commenting as usual, but this is absolutely gorgeous. Love the colour combo and may just have to try a stencil after seeing this. :)

All Decoration said...


The blog you have created is very impressive to me. I appreciate you sharing this valuable content, we provide services related to, balloon decoration in Chandigarh if you want to know then visit our site.
Contact us - +(91) 9872204881

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...