Thursday, July 13, 2017

Holly Christmas

Today I pulled out a set of stamp images from Sparkle N Sprinkle called Holiday Foliage Set 475 to go with some of the Distress Oxide Ink backgrounds I made the other day. I stamped the holly image with Versafine Onyx Black ink and colored the image of the holly in with my Zig markers. I also stamped the sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black ink. Then using the Out of the Box technique I die cut the panel out with a double stitched rectangle die from Cottage Cutz.


Next I die cut another panel of the same white card stock as a layer for the first stamped panel. All that was left then was to add the background with those panels to a white card base.


I think this is my favorite I have done with the Oxide inks. And, even though it is a CAS design I think it has a certain elegance to it. I am adding this to the Mod Squad Blog Challenge in which we are to focus on the sentiment. I think this qualifies. 

Well, that's all folks for today! I am so happy I have three cards for my Christmas supply. And, this has been so much fun playing with the Oxides. I have several more backgrounds made so who knows? I might be playing again this week.

Thanks for stopping in and as always I love your comments.

God bless,
Verna

7 comments:

Aileen said...

beautiful Christmas card, love that background. Ahh those oxides are so beautiful

Patti said...

Oh Verna! your background is just lovely!! and the perfect backdrop for your beautiful CAS card!! Well done my friend!

Patti

Barbara said...

Absolutely my favorite too! Love the background with the CAS holly design.

Donna Phelan said...

Pretty colors! Love how you layered your panels! That holly looks amazing! Merry Merry!

Judy Woodland said...

This is just beautiful, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that background. Aren't those Oxides amazing? Your design is just fantastic....I think this wants to be pinned.

Brenda in IN said...

I think you have mastered these oxides. I loved the last two cards and this is no exception. Your backgrounds are really great. The two frames on this card really add dimension and a beautiful panel for the holly and sentiment.

Unknown said...

Wow. am going backwards with the posts catching up but loving each card more. What a beautiful way to do the cards.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...