Monday, July 31, 2017

Peace, Hope, Love

Again I am using leftover scraps from other cards I had made and making some great Christmas designs. I combined some leftover Oxide Ink Distress backgrounds and some smaller foiled pieces. I used a Gina K. Designs Foil Mate dotted image and foiled it with some older foil that was a deep pink in color that I no longer had a company name for. It had been purchased several years ago and I did not keep the outer wrapper for it. But it seemed to be the perfect match to this background on which I added more stenciled poinsettias from the Tim Holtz Collection 19. I also added more poinsettias and a bit of the foiled leftovers to the inside too.



The sentiment is from the Gina K. Designs Festive Frames set. The darker shade poinsettias are inked up with Gina K. Designs Cranberry Tart ink and the card base is Dusty Rose card stock from the Gina K. Designs line too.

Since this used foil on it I will also enter this in for my final entry into the Mod Squad Blog Challenge.

Well, I am so happy to have a few more Christmas cards added to my supply. I am  having fun working with the Christmas images too. I hope your week is a great one for you as well and that you are having some crafty fun. Thanks for the visit and wonderful comments.

God bless,
Verna

6 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous colours and love the sentiment.xxx

Donna Ellis said...

How lovely, festive and elegant all rolled up into a single creation. Thanks for the little peek on the inside, too. The foiling provides a texture and "feel" like nothing else, and you certainly have it down to a science on your cards, including the left over pieces! Beautiful use of the oxide color! hugs, de

Joyce Erb said...

Very pretty. Good for you using those scraps!

Judy Woodland said...

You, my dear, are the foiling queen! And don't you just love the Oxides? You have used them beautifully here, LOVE this card!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So beautiful!

Donna Phelan said...

That foil looks amazing and I simply adore that sentiment!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...