Thursday, July 6, 2017

Smile Everyday

Today I made a card for the Mod Squad Blog Challenge which was to use markers on stamps to do the inking on your card designs. So I used Zig clean color markers to add ink directly to the solid images on this stamp set that I got for a birthday gift. I only know that it is from The Greeting Farm and when I looked up the website for them it was not listed so I am assuming it is retired. But I love the sentiment particularly and think it is a good idea for all of us to remember and implement.


I used my MISTI of course so that I could get great impressions and did the images several times. My card stock of choice was from Gina K. Designs and I used White and Black Onyx. I also used Gina K. Designs pattern paper which is from the Petite Patterns set. And, the beautiful sheer satin fancy ribbon in the gold and black is also from Gina K. Designs. After I had stamped my design I took the small double stitched rectangle die from Gina K. Designs to cut it out. And, then I did a layer of black using the Gina K. Designs large single stitched rectangle die. When layered together it gave just a hint of a black border which I find always to look so wonderful on cards.

I assembled all the layers onto the base card of white card stock and was very happy with the outcome. I love all the polka dots on that design too.

Well, this is just a simple design today but since it is so hot I decided this morning to do a cake as we were all out. Yes, believe it or not! All the birthday cake is now consumed. 😊 I did it the easy way today. I took a yellow cake mix and mixed according to the package and then added two cups of fine chopped rhubarb. Over the top I sprinkled a sugar/cinnamon mixture and then baked it like usual. 

Well, thanks for all your sweet comments. I appreciate each and every one of them.

God bless,
Verna

10 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

This card is soooo sweet! I love the way you layered the marker up to create that pretty color. The papers, bow and stitched die add to the sweetness. I would love to try your cake!

Rosy Newlun said...

Clean and crisp, beautifully placed images and makes me smile!!! If I could only do CAS lol. Great job, Verna! And a cake? How do all you do :-)

Donna Phelan said...

How pretty! Love your polka dotted background, it just makes your posies POP!

Barbara said...

I love black and white and your background is awesome. It frames the flowers and the sentiment and is so refreshing.

Donna Ellis said...

Such a happy, dancing, fabulous card, Verna! I especially like those vibrantly delightful flowers! Thank you for the darling snail mail card! I love it! And yes, I wish we could meet for a cuppa. Have a great week-end! hugs, de

laurie said...

I agree.. a great sentiment!Love that polka dot background too.

Shona Erlenborn said...

Such a bright and cheery card. Just love this!

Judy Woodland said...

Just lovely, Verna. I really like the polka dot background paper and the black mat. It just makes those beautiful flowers pop. I also love the ribbon, it's a perfect final touch. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week. Always fun to see your wonderful creations!

Darnell said...

I love this really vibrant, bold design, Verna! The beautiful ribbon and polka-dotty background work perfectly with this image!! So. You always have a cake going on the counter then, eh? I want to be your neighbor! Hugs, Darnell

Dawn S. said...

Lovely colours and I love the sentiment!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...