Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Oxides and Foiling

Yesterday I made several backgrounds using Oxide Inks. There was one I really was not so happy with as the water stenciled design did not show up too well, but I did not toss it. Instead this time I added some of the same design using one of the stencils from the Tim Holtz Mini Collection Set 19 using the regular Pine Needles Distress Ink pad to stamp over the background which had been done previously with the Cracked Pistachio Oxide Ink. Now I had both a light pattern and a darker pattern. And, one thing I find with the Oxides. If you don't like what you see just ink over it again when it is dry and redo it.


I paired the panel I had made with some of the Stripes pattern from the Gina K. Designs Foil Mates line that was foiled with her Turquoise Sea Fancy Foils. It was almost a perfect match to the Oxide inked panel. The sentiment is from Gina K. Designs Holly Jolly Stamp set and was inked up with Red Velvet. Each of these panels were then added to a layer of Gina K. Designs Red Velvet card stock.


I finished the card by adding all to a white card stock base. I was going to add more to the design but in the end I decided to keep it clean and simple as I think the foiled background dresses it up a lot.

Well it feels good to have another card added to my Christmas stash. On Stamp TV the theme for the Monday challenge is Christmas in July so I thought that a great incentive for me to get a start on my supply.

We got some much needed rain last night along with some hail and strong winds but the moisture is very appreciated. Thank you Lord!

Thanks for the visit and have a great evening everyone!

God bless,
Verna

9 comments:

Gerry said...

Hi Verna, this is a very non-traditional Christmas card and I love it. Well done.

Christina said...

Oh I really like this layout, colors and fancy font Verna! Beautiful card. Hope your week has been wonderful. Take care. Hugs.

Doreen said...

What a fab card,love the oxide ink panel.xxx

Dawn S. said...

What a lovely card! I'm glad you didn't give up on the background panel.

Judy Woodland said...

This is gorgeous, Verna!!! LOVE what you have done with the Oxides AND the foiling. This card is stunning!!

Donna Ellis said...

Wow! Two great techniques, and put together like this, they make a wonderful duo! Your card is amazing, Verna! GORGEOUSNESS! xx

Kathy Krug said...

What an amazing save with fabulous outcome. Just got new oxide inks, but have not had time to play.

Theresa's Studio said...

Great work with the Oxide inks. Thanks for the tip. Beautiful Card!

Brenda in IN said...

Wow, pairing the oxides and foiling made a gorgeous card. Most times card panels can be saved with a little surgery and you are a great doctor! This is stunning.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...