Sunday, July 16, 2017

Hugs

As I stated in a previous post some of my stamping friends sent me some of their die cuts that would be all ready to place on a card. So when the Dies R Us Challenge #77 email showed up I decided to use one of those die cuts to add to a background I had made with the Distress Oxide Inks and other Distress Inks.



This was a background I had made with the Distress Oxides that I originally did not care much for but when I took a Gina K. Designs Art stencil and sponged the design with an original Distress Ink over the top I was very happy with it. I die cut that panel out with a Memory Box Cross Stitched Border Rectangle Die and placed it on a white card stock base. The big Hugs die is from Papertrey Inks and that seemed to be the perfect addition to the card. I finished the card off by adding some Nuvo Rosewater Jewel Drops which before I added appeared to be a light pink. But as they dried they took on more of an orange hue. I was not so pleased with that but I guess it still looks quite nice.

I am also going to post this in the Mod Squad Blog Challenge in which we are to make the sentiment the focus of our card. I do believe this will qualify for that as well.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me and I hope you have had a lovely weekend.

God bless,
Verna

12 comments:

Kathy Krug said...

Glad you are finding ways to revive you Oxide panels. Just gorgeous, Verna. Thanks for sharing your design with us at Dies R Us Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us in future challenges.
Kathy
DRU DT

Rosy Newlun said...

Very pretty card design, Verna. I love your background and the sentiment die. Hoping to play with oxide inks soon :) Best wishes!!! ♥

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the fab design.xxx

Karen Dunbrook said...

awesome card with that great die mf.
xx Karen

Darlene said...

WOW ... your oxide panel is beautiful Verna! And, how clever & even more beautiful it is after stenciling over top ... what a great idea! LOL ... yes I've had my Nuvo 'change colors' on me before too ... quite a surprise when that happens! Beautiful card and sure to bring a smile! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Die Cut Sentiment as Focus’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

Shona Erlenborn said...

I love the background, with the stenciling on top. "Hugs" just pop from this card!

laurie said...

Awesome Verna! I love all those jewel drops!

Judy Woodland said...

Beautiful....I love that background. Haven't tried the Oxides yet with stencils but I'm about to. I like how you have place that white greeting over the blue background. It really makes it pop!

Donna Ellis said...

and it was a happy ending! Gorgeous coloring, and beautiful use of all the inks, stencils and die cuts. Verna, I especially like the way the "s" in hugs is slightly off kilter - too cute! It's a beautiful card! hugs, de

Joyce Erb said...

That is the coolest die, love your card

Unknown said...

Makes for a really nice card, and yes, the die cut sentiment really adds to the blues.

Donna Phelan said...

BEAUTIFUL background! That HUGS is a gorgeous die cut! Great design!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...