Sunday, July 30, 2017

Foil It Up!

I am working with leftover scraps and so this card is one I did with some of them. I used Oxide Distress Inks and regular Distress Inks and also Gina K. Designs Red Velvet ink. The sentiment was from the Holly Jolly stamp set by Gina K. Designs. And, the Fancy Foil used was Turquoise Sea and the striped design from the Foil Mate Stars & Stripes set. The Fancy Foil and the Foil Mates are from the Gina K. Designs line.


The holly design was done using a Tim Holtz stencil from Collection 19. I not only stenciled the background but I also stenciled extra portions and fussy cut them out to place along the sentiment. My layers were all cut out with the Cottage Cutz Double Stitched Rectangle Die. And the last step was to add red rhinestone gems to the holly and pop them up along the upper left side and the right lower side. 

This card will be used as an entry in the Mod Squad Blog Challenge which is entitled Foil It Up!

Thanks for the visit and lovely comments and I hope your week is off to a great start.

God bless,
Verna

10 comments:

Liz said...

Lovely card, Verna. I love the background you've created, a beautiful colour too. xx

Doreen said...

A beautiful Christmas card.xxx

Karen Dunbrook said...

love this mf!! so beautiful and elegant and I just love the sentiment.
Have a great wk. Sure wish I wasn't so busy...5 little ones full time/10 hrs a day and not feeling very energetic at the end of the day.
xx Karen

Barbara said...

Oh Man! This is some of your best work!

Judy Woodland said...

LOVE THIS!!!! It's just gorgeous.....love the design, the colors, the foil, just EVERYTHING!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Donna Ellis said...

Lovely! You have become the Queen of Foil, and having a great time with it, aren't you? Loving the pretty color combination and fantastic design, Verna! hugs, de

laurie said...

So beautiful Verna. Very elegant....love your use of foil!

Joyce Erb said...

Great job! Love the scraps LOL. Don't you love making something from leftovers?

Ina G said...

Simply gorgeous Verna. Love the colour choice.

Donna Phelan said...

Oh I adore these non traditional colors! Fantastic Christmas card! I like that holly too! :)

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...