Monday, January 28, 2019

Christmas Holiday Card

How did something that went so wrong turn out so right? At least in my opinion it was a great save and I love it. I hope you do too!


I used the large A2 size die from Tutti Designs called Holiday Collage and when I proceeded to die cut it I apparently had not adjusted my machine correctly and only the center portion of the die cut. And, it had slipped away from the paper and my tape did not hold it for some reason so I was a bit bummed that it did not work out. But I looked at it a bit longer and decided I could cut away parts of it and still make a great looking card. So that is what I did.

 I placed the white die cut design against gold glitter paper and added that to a white card base. I also stamped a sentiment from the Gina K. Designs Dashing set in black and on each side I added some circles I had punched out from the leftover glitter paper. Voila! I had a card I could be proud of. So remember sometimes we can salvage those die cuts that go wrong by using only portions of them.

I am entering this in the Scrapy Land {Challenge #106} Anything Goes.

Well, we got through the blizzard and now the deep freeze is starting to come to our neck of the woods. It sounds like tomorrow we could see 30+ below temperatures. That certainly is a good time to stay inside where it is warm and I hope everyone's furnaces will work great too. We still have two options....gas furnace and also a wood one. So we should be okay.

Stay warm those in the cold blast and until next time everyone have a wonderful crafty time. I love your visits too.

Thanks and God bless,
Verna

17 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I'm gobsmacked. I had to look up the die to see what it's supposed to look like and I'm amazed. It looks fantastic! I especially love the glitter background and the CAS design. You've shown how this can actually be three different dies in one. What a bargain! Your furnace is going to be working overtime. I can hardly imagine temps that cold!

Barbara said...

What a fantastic save! Now you have a start on your Christmas cards for 2019 too. Stay warm and craft.

Karen Dunbrook said...

so pretty and you are on your way to creating for next yr!
xx karen

Judy Inukai said...

What an elegant holiday card. Super job of saving the die cut. The gold glitter is gorgeous behind the die cut.

Donna Ellis said...

I couldn't find any mis-cut on your project at all, Verna, so I clicked on the link to see what the die looked like. FABULOUS save, and I almost like it better than the original. don't you love when happy accidents like this happen? I personally enjoy cutting my dies apart and using them in different ways. LOVE the little spots of gold glitter around the greeting to match the glitter backdrop for your tree collage! Beautiful save, and GORGEOUS card! hugs, de

Shona Erlenborn said...

Well saved for sure, Verna! This came out great! I like the die cut in the center and then the white space above and below. The sentiment is perfect with the addition of the glitter dots!

Stamped Impressions said...

It looks great to me! Thanks for sharing! Looks like you have a jump start in this years Chirstmas cards!

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful save Verna and what a classy and glittery card. The glitter looks fabulous with the crisp white die cut. Such a fun idea to punch out the tiny dots too....I will be filing that idea away x.
Stay warm and safe and keep those fires burning. Hope you find time to craft inside? x.

Nancy said...

So pretty! I think I need to start my Christmas cards! This card has got me inspired for sure! Stay warm!

Ina G said...

Simply stunning Verna. I too went and had a look at what the die looked like and love the result here. Lots of ways you can use it. Beautiful with the gold backing and crisp white.

Patti said...

I hope you are staying warm! Your beautiful card is so elegant!!

Jeanne H said...

Great save! Makes me re-think just throwing away mistakes. Well done. tfs

laurie said...

What a save Verna! Very creative idea. It's a beautiful card!

Carol L said...

What a great save for this beautiful card! Your bitter cold weather is heading our way and we're bracing for it as best we can! Stay safe and warm and we'll try doing the same!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Oh I love this one too! The sparkle is gorgeous! Beautiful die-cut!

Greta said...

Fabulous save, Verna! I wouldn't have known it was a save except you said so. Can't go wrong with gold glitter in my book! Glad you have plenty of heat--can't imagine those temps!

Dandi93 said...

Gorgeous card Verna, all that glitters is gold....

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...