Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Spring Garden

Even with all the snowy weather I am starting to look forward to Spring. So with that in mind I used a new stamp set from Inkadinkado called Spring Gardener Inchie Bundle.


This stamp set included an acrylic block as well but I chose instead to add the images to my Misti before I stamped them on a rainbow blended strip that I had masked off on Ivory card stock. I used the Life Changing Blending brushes for that.

Once I had my images stamped onto the rainbow strip with black ink I then took a Creative Expressions die which is from the Sue Wilson line and die cut the edging on the Ivory panel.Next I added this panel to a black card base. The last things I did were to add some off white pearls to the side of the card and also an Ivory piece of card stock inside so that I can add a sentiment or write a message.

Normally I would not use black so much with a Spring card design but in this case I thought it worked out quite well. I hope you like it too.

I am entering it in the following challenges:
Dies R Us Challenge #13 Anything**NEW**
Mod Squad Challenge-Use Multiple Images (sentiments do not count)

Thanks for dropping in and I hope your day is going great.

God bless,
Verna

21 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Perfect blending - love those candy colors!

Darlene said...

This is BEAUTIFUL Verna! Love how you've used your new inchie stamps and the SW die against that black panel is gorgeous! Nicely done! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Anything NEW’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

Carol L said...

This is just stunning! I love the contrast black & white with that pastel colored panel!

Lisa said...

This is beautiful! I love the black because it makes those bright spring colors pop!

Liz said...

Super design, Verna. I love the rainbow panel and the white decorative edge looks so striking against the black. xx

Mac Mable said...

The black really does work Verna and makes that pretty die cut edge stand out beautifully. Gorgeous blending, great stamping and such an eye catching design x.

Bonnie said...

So cool how you took the classy b&w then added the rainbow. Fabulous layout with all that style and colors.

Shona Erlenborn said...

Awesome blending Verna! I think the black works really well here with the Spring colors. What a fab little bunch of inches.

Joyce Erb said...

Cool way to use inchies, love it. Thanks for playing at the Modsquad Challenge

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, gosh, I have a similar stamp set which I love, but I've never done anything this pretty with it! Popping on the black with the rainbow colors and pretty border and pearls. Gorgeous, Verna!

Judy Woodland said...

This is simply FABULOUS!!! I love that border, and it just pops against the black. Your sponging is beautiful too, and I really like the stamped images. spectacular card!!!

Patti said...

I really like the bold black and sharp white to show off your fresh pastel Spring Gardner scene : ) I'm looking forward to spring too!!

laurie said...

Wow this is a great card! So sharp. I love that stamp set!

Sherri said...

This makes a gorgeous card! Love that border against the black background! Thanks for joining our "Anything NEw" challenge at Dies R US!

Sharon Fontenot said...

I love black and white no matter where you put it. It really catches the eye. This card turned out great.

Barbara said...

This is one fabulous card Verna! Love the drama of the black and white with your garden strip and the pretty pearls. Gorgeous die cut layer too.

Kathy Krug said...

So pretty, Verna. I love the die you used with the fun stamped images.

Greta said...

Neat design with that gorgeous die cut edge!

Dandi93 said...

Very pretty Verna, Your color combo pops...

Johanna said...

This is so pretty Verna. I like the inked panel against the decorative die cut. Such a nice design

KT Fit Kitty said...

Wow, Verna, I absolutely love this! What a great way to use those inchie stamps I have! I think I'll have to CASE your design! Gorgeous!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...