Thursday, January 3, 2019

First Christmas Card for 2019

I decided that I want to make Christmas cards every month so that when December rolls around I have plenty on hand to work with. I did that this past year and it worked out great. So when the challenge at Stamp TV was to use a sentiment on one's card as the focal image I went with this design. No other stamping could be done but by making a great background it still looks fantastic I think.


I used blending brushes to take colors from my Kalaidacolor Fruitcake rainbow pad to make the background. Then I stamped the sentiment from Gina K. Designs A Very Merry Christmas set which is illustrated by Emily Loggans using Gina K. Designs Jet Black Amalgam ink. I layered the white panel with the design on it to black and then onto a teal card base. Before I added the layers to the card base though I used a gold cord to add a bit of accent to the design. The card was finished by adding some gems. Inside I added a panel of white card stock so that a message may be stamped or written. And, that is my card....easy to make but still looks great. At least I think so.

Thanks for the visit and for the wonderful comments you leave me.

God bless,
Verna

18 comments:

Theresa's Studio said...

Love your take on the challenge at GKD. Thanks for your comment on my card. Wish it were easier to see the entries at GKD. Guess I'll figure it out.

Cat Tidwell said...

Sooo awesome Verna! LOVE it! Thanks for playing along in the challenge!

Brenda in IN said...

You are off to a great start with Christmas cards this year! This is a beauty and I love the huge sentiment. You used lovely colors for this card too.

Bonnie said...

Looks like great minds think alike. Mine is very similar with sponging. Yours is stunning and way ahead of the curve for next holiday season. I did get the email that you now follow my blog, thanks.

KT Fit Kitty said...

Good for you and great minds think alike! It certainly does make life easier when November/December rolls around! Your card is gorgeous and I love the inky background!

Leslie Miller said...

This is the ideal stamp for this challenge seeing as how the sentiment makes into a Christmas tree. So cute and easy! Love how you've decorated it with the rhinestone ornaments and a star on top. Pretty background and touch of gold. Every Christmas card you make encourages the rest of us. I need to do lots more ahead of time this year.

wannabcre8tive said...

Just beautiful. I love the colors along with the pretty rhinestones and pearls.

Patti said...

Incredible background you created!! wow I love those colors! : ) You are off to a wonderful start.

Neeta Rancourt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card and great idea to work on Christmas cards throughout the year. I was just struggling with putting my holiday-themed stamps away. This gives me permission to create a card or two and a tag or two every month, so I'm not scrabbling in December. Your card makes me want to buy that stamp set. :-) Thanks for sharing.

Carol L said...

The colors are dramatic and oh so pretty on this fun Christmas card! You're way ahead of me already for the next Christmas :)

Mac Mable said...

It sure does look fantastic Verna. What wonderful colours and blending and the sentiment is eye catching x.

Diane said...

Very pretty card with that awesome inked background, ans the ink you used sounds interesting too as I haven't heard of it! I always love your 'inking' as I am not the best at it, too heavy handed I think...but I did order some new ink brushes, so hopefully that will help me..I need it lol!!

Greta said...

Beautiful card!

Dandi93 said...

Beautiful Christmas card Verna, this sentiment is perfect for being the focal point of any card. Awesome choice and Well done

Lisa said...

Yes! I have committed with another bloggy friend to make one christmas card a week for 2019 and we're posting on the 25th of each month to show them! I love this!! Such a beautiful background!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, Verna! Love the colours you used. The star on top is just perfect too :-)

Dawn S. said...

Another beautiful card! I love how the sentiment is shaped like a tree and you have decorated it nicely with the bling!

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...