Saturday, January 19, 2019

Vintage Birthday Card

I made a vintage style birthday card using a Crafter's Companon Vintage Decor embossing folder and an old vintage style phone stamp. This card will be entered into the Double D's Challenge which is entitled Looking Back in Time.


The embossing folder from Crafter's Companion was a freebie with an order quite some time ago so I decided that design looked very much like the old wall paper designs did when I was younger. So using some Gina K. Designs Prickly Pear ink I swiped some onto the embossing folder before I embossed the design. I also used Prickly Pear card stock for my card base. 

Next I took the Gina K. Designs Just Calling to Say stamp set and with Gina K. Designs Amalgam Jet Black ink I stamped the phone and the sentiment onto Ivory card stock. Both the embossed panel and this panel then were die cut using the Cottage Cutz Double Stitched Rectangle Die set. The next step was to layer them onto black before adding them to the card base.

I finished the card by adding some black gems and an Ivory card stock panel inside so I can write a special message or add a stamped one.

Well, the snow quit yesterday evening and so today we cleaned out the yard and drive way. So until the next round of snow we are good to go again. We only got about 4-5 inches this time too. I heard other places were getting quite a bit more so we were lucky. So if you were in those areas I hope you stayed safe inside and warm. Good card making or crafting weather I guess.

I thank you for the visits and comments and I hope your weekend is a great one.

God bless,
Verna

22 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Great vintage looking card and yes the dry embossing looks like'old style' wallpaper and is a great layer for the stamped phone and sentiment. Loving the colour combination and a great take on the challenge x. Glad the snow wasn't too bad in your area and enjoy the rest of the weekend x.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

OH yes! The inked up embossing is just lovely for the vintage look. Such a polished card!

Carol L said...

What a wonderful vintage card! One could only wish we still had phones like that today! They worked!!

Judy Inukai said...

Great layout. I like how you did the embossing folder.

Judy Woodland said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this. So vintage-y and fun. I really like the dry embossed background panel with the Letterpress look. Very nice design here!!!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Beautiful vintage card, Verna! I love the old-style phone!

Darlene said...

That was my first thought when your card popped up Verna! Looks very much like the wallpaper that used to be in my parents bedroom. We had wallpaper in every room! Beautiful interpretation of the mood board! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Looking Back in Time’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Brenda in IN said...

I love that embossing folder and how you added the green to it. What a fun stamp set that is! Great old phone and perfect with that greeting. Glad you snow is over although five inches is a lot to me! We had it all, rain, ice, snow and very high winds. Today it is bitter cold. Right now the sun is out! Can't wait to see what's next!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Your wallpaper is fabulous! They perfect backdrop to the old phone. What a brilliant make!

Barbara said...

You totally aced this challenge. That wallpaper is fabulous and I love the look. I remember that Gina K stamps set and I have it too. This made a great card and good luck to you.
Thanks for joining with us at Double D challenge "Looking Back in Time." It was a fun one for me and I hope for you as well.
Barbara DT Member

laurie said...

Fun vintage card Verna!I used to spend hours on the phone as a teen...I could get that cord to go pretty far..lol! Brings back great memories.

Barbara said...

Verna, this is a darling card. Love the clean and simple feel and the layout of your card. Nicely done!

Leslie Miller said...

It was instant delight when this popped up, Verna! Crisp black phone all cute with the sentiment, beautiful embossed wallpaper panel. Looks very authentic! I haven't had much luck with this embossing folder/ink technique. Maybe I'm choosing the wrong folders. Seeing your card makes me want to try again. Thanks for playing at Double D, Verna. We love seeing you there!

Vicki said...

Fantastic card, Verna! It's always a pleasure to see one of your creations linked up. Thanks for playing along with our "Looking Back in Time" Challenge.

Johanna said...

I like how you did your embossing folder and this is lovely vintage looking birthday card.

Liz said...

Lovely vintage style card, Verna. What a great image, brought back memories of when we had a phone with a dial like this. How time have changed! xx

Greta said...

Perfect for the DD challenge! I agree about that embossing folder which I love!

Donna Phelan said...

Great birthday card. I love the colors and that fabulous background texture. It's also a wonderful design! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D Blog, Looking Back In Time Challenge, Donna, DT Member.

Darnell said...

What a fabulous design, Verna! I love the way you have offset the panels to really showcase that beautiful paper and how you've backed your panels in black! Such a fun phone image, too!! Hugs, Darnell

Sharon Fontenot said...

Love all of the texture on this one. Cute stamp as well.

Lisa said...

I haven't used that ink on an embossing folder technique in a while... love the effect it had ... beautiful vintage creation!

Dandi93 said...

Beautiful card Verna, great vintage feel... love the embossing folder ink technique

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...