Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Floating Hearts Valentine

Well, when I saw that the new Dies R Us Challenge #13 was Anything New, I knew I would have no problem joining in on the challenge as I got a whole bunch of new things recently. So on that note I am using two NBUS items...never before used schtuff which is a term my friend Darnell coined....which is the Floating Hearts die from Cheapo Dies and the Red Lace Washi tape from White Rose Crafts, LLC.


I die cut the Floating Hearts die three times. One in a white panel shown here, one in a red panel and one in a pink panel. And by mixing up the different colors I placed them back into the panels to create a multi-colored design. I also added some rhinestones to the flowers on the heart die. And, when I remembered I had that Washi tape I knew that was going to be something I wanted to add to the card as well. The sentiment is from Stampers Anonymous in the Tim Holtz Collection called Crazy Talk. I did surgery on the sentiment and cut the Happy from the Valentine's Day so that I could split it up. I can still use them as one complete stamp by placing them together again on a block or my Misti.

Well, that is my endeavor for the day besides normal household chores. And, I have two more panels ready to make into cards another day too. I hope you liked what I did. Adding all those negative pieces to each die is like putting together a puzzle. LOL A bit time consuming but I think well worth it.

You all have a great evening and I hope to see you again this week sometime. Thanks for the visits and comments too.

God bless,
Verna

14 comments:

Ina G said...

Simply stunning Verna. What a beautiful die and you have used it to perfection. Love it!

Lisa Babitz said...

This is beautiful. All that paper piecing is a ton of work, but it came out great! The washi tape is the perfect complement to that die.

Carol L said...

What a gorgeous use of that die to use dual colors! I love swapping negatives on dies like this and it turned out lovely. I've never seen such pretty washi tape either, and it just adds to the beauty of this great valentine card!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Wonderful job. Love your inlaid card. Great colors for Valentine's Day too. That Washi tape looks like an intricate die. Great work Verna.

Barbara said...

These two dies make a lovely Valentine card. I always love the color combo of pink, red and white. Congrats on your win from Darlene blog on the Double D challenge.

Maria said...

A very pretty Valentine's card! Love the floating hearts die and the beautiful red lace washi tape! Thanks so much for joining us at Dies R Us for the challenge!

Darlene said...

BEAUTIFUL! I love how you've inlaid with the different colors ... PERFECT for Valentine's Day! Well done! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Anything NEW’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

Leslie Miller said...

New things are such fun! By now, many of my new things are already getting old... new piled on top of new. That's such a cute die, and I do love hearts. Washi tape has come such a long way. I never would have guessed. Very pretty, Verna!

Barbara said...

Verna, this is a beautiful Valentines Day card! Love the hearts die and the way you put this pretty card together.

Inkyfingers said...

Wow - I love that beautiful heart die and what you did with it Verna! The paper piecing makes it look quilted and the addition of the lace tape is a perfect finishing touch.
I hope 2019 is a good year for you.
Hugs
Carol x

Judy Woodland said...

Just gorgeous!! Love the inlay, and that border is perfectly perfect!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Beautiful die-cuts, Verna! Love the lacey border too!

Lisa said...

Very very cool! I love this and it's given me some inspiration to do something similar ... if I ever do it...lol... I'll link back to you for sure!

Mac Mable said...

Congratulations Verna on the top 3 with your beautiful card x.

Fluttering By

 First of all I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Happy Canada Day! I hope your day is extra special. This card I am showing uses an Al...